[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - NEXT MITHRAS ALBUM
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: NEXT MITHRAS ALBUM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hi everyone!!!!

Just thought I'd post something happy to dispell some of the bad vibes that have been on here today! :D lol

I'm stoked and playing through some new material! Yes NEW NEW NEW NEW material. I'll be starting work seriously on the fourth Mithras album right after the Damnation / Edinburgh shows. It's going to be f@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ c@@@@ll!!

I'll reveal more about the record in due course; but for now

People keep asking me on facebook/myspace/msn/email/forums who's going to be playing what, is Ben going to do a kazoo / bongos solo on the record, who is drumming, who's singing (that's a pretty silly question unless you've been under a rock for a year), what label it's going to be out on, is the album going to be "as boring as behind the shadows", will it be better than worlds, will it be finished before 2010 ends

Who's playing what:

Samuel Bean - bass /vocals
Leon Macey - guitars / drums / synths

I'm doing the studio drums as I've got experience of drumming five albums in the studio, always write alone (we've tried it all other ways and it ain't Mithras) and tbh because it'll be easier this way. I have a studio in my house which is always set up to record drums, which kinda helps! I'm also an "anal fascistic nazi" (?) when it comes to drum arrangements / performance so it'd be unfair to heap that kind of scrutiny on someone else.

Ben is going to remain full time live drummer which is a tough enough job as it is, believe me.

Is Ben White going to do a kazoo / bongos solo on the next record

No, Ben makes YouTube vids with various instruments seemingly for his own (and others) entertainment, that's his business. Besides kazoo and bongos don't sound that great alongside blastbeats in the context of Mithras music, during late nights at rehearsal Rayner and me have tried believe me! :D Being slightly more serious, honestly it's unlikely there'll be any 'guest' appearances as that's not my bag, I feel guest appearances would probably cheapen a record as conceptual and deep as I like to put together, in my mind at least.

Who is drumming

Leon Macey, me, moi on the albums, Ben drums live.

Who's singing

Sam Bean, he's our new vocalist / bassist believe it or not! (also in The Berzerker / The Senseless). He's the guy in the videos on our YouTube page.

What label it's going to be out on

No idea, we're currently not in contract with any label so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Is the album going to be as "boring" as 'Behind The Shadows'

Much, much more boring! I'm going to make a special effort to dissapoint everyone as much as possible! I'll probably lay on more "mind knumbing type writer esque double bass" too!! Who'd have thought it! And faster tempos! More solos! :'( "Messier" drumming!

Will it be "better" than 'Worlds'

If you're the kind of guy who goes to bed with 'Worlds...' under his pillow each night then no, probably not "better" more "a crushing, heartbreaking dissapointment"... :D

Will it be finished/released before 2010 ends

Hopefully released before the end of 2010.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: NEXT MITHRAS ALBUM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Oh shit, this album's going to be rubbish, brb getting in concrete bunker to escape a world that will have this rubbish album in it.
Rubbish rubbish rubbish.

Nah I'm excited.
:D Cannae bloody wait.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:11 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

Oliver Holm seriously fucking likes this! When Mithras goes boring, my underwear goes soggy. Great news :!:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Either Leon's being facetious or he's magically turned into a tosser :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Got a general time frame as to when it will be released? If it's released before Christmas, I think I'll cream!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:03 pm 

No idea of a release date yet, would be nice if it was released before end of 2010 though, would mean a 3 year gap between 'Shadows...' and '....... ..... ... ........."

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:40 pm 

Well it's not recorded yet and the writing isn't finished, I think we'd find it pretty tough going getting it recorded AND released before the end of 09!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:16 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Why'd you say "It might already be "finished" Next question!," then? O.o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:24 pm 

In case you hadn't noticed, quite a lot of what I posted was sarcastic and the original question was whether it'd be released in 2010, not 2009 ;) To avoid any unnecessary confusion I'll clarify that!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:35 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Will Sam be as good as me? lol.... Please don't answer this come to think of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Gah, I just noticed the bit where you said you were GOING to work on it...

Sometimes I just get so excited about something that I don't pay attention to half of the information... :oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next