[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - When did you first hear Mithras?
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: When did you first hear Mithras?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:41 am 
Forum Admin

I first heard Mithras on the Terrorizer cover disc, it was the demo of "Bequeath Thy Visions" It didn't blow me away but I was impressed, the album surpassed all expectations though :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:51 am 
Great Councillor

I first heard them on a dead again records compilation. It was As The Wind Blows, and I must say, I didn't really like it. The production was naff, and to my ears, it sounded like they were just playing minor arpegios over blast beats.

THen I found out they were from good ol' Rugby, which is where I live and I thought I'd give 'em another try. Downloaded some MP3's and was so amazed at Sloping Altar's! (Fucking love those first two riffs!\m/). Now I preach to all I see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:04 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

Yo - im the green wander btw - had to rereg ;/

1st heard them on that Terrorizer disc too Toozey ;] BTV really was the only decent track on that CD - hopped out of bed (was like 4am) and downloaded all their mp3s on mp3.com. Then i saw their old site was crap so I contacted leon. few months later they got a new site. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:47 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

I saw them play at the Regency Club, Rugby, back in 1997.

They were called Reprisal then though :)

Post subject: reprisal
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:33 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

mithras isnt in any way related to reprisal, just in case anyone gets the wrong idea, mithras formed as imperator in 1998.

reprisal was a thrash type band that never released any cds and we split that band up nearly a year before starting a new band with a different style.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:33 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

I read the article about them in Terrorizer, the two things that interested me
- The cover for worlds beyond the veil looked frikkin awesome
- The article basically made the album out to be pure gold.

After going on ebay and being fortunate enough to win one from mithras777, I soon found WBTV to be one of the best things to ever be forced into my CD player.
Hail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:55 pm 
Great Councillor

last year, at toozey's house

Post subject: Re: reprisal
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:42 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:37 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

I first heard Mithras a few days after I received Forever Advancing...... Legions and a handful of other promos from my erstwhile editor. Having sorted the new CD's alphabetically, stacked them with the rest of my appointed promos and arranged the load neatly on my desk, I resumed my writing duties without a second glance on the album cover, the inlay or the enclosed info.

The day before the final deadline, I threw the Mithras CD on my stereo and turned my attention towards my 173th review, which was probably of some nondescript melodeath band and their 'incredibly unique' debut album... I remember glancing uneasily and preoccupied at my speakers as the title track began to expand, thinking: 'Right, if nothing else at least it's different!' Then, as we all know, "Trample the Works" suddenly erupted from my loudspeakers - and the rest is frigging history. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:55 pm 

TRAMPLE THEIR WORKS
TRAMPLE THEIR WORKS
(fucking guesses) Crush into dust
Leon, I give up. Tell me the missing lyrics or I will come to both yours and Rayners houses and engage in acts of violence.
(and taking in mind that A) Rayner looks wayyyy huge, and B) You have bigger arms than me, I shall bringa multitude of weapons :evil: )
BRAHHHHHRRRR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:17 pm 
Mixologist

its actually "Trample Those Berks", and the voice you hear is in fact the "thing upstairs" from Trapdoor. it's because berk didn't cut the crust off his cucumber sandwiches properly, and he's really mad about it :evil:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/eas ... feedme.wav

hahaha it IS rayner!

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/eas ... /wavs.html here's some more ahhaaha :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:50 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:32 pm 
Great Councillor

Stay away from that TRAP-DOOR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:29 pm 

"BERT! FEEEEEED MEEEEEEE!"

But thats nothing compared to the things that live underneath THE TRAP DOOR!
*theme tune kicks in*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next