[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - new review
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: new review
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:12 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

http://www.metalreview.com/albums/defau ... ?album=904

heres a new one

"If words could take revenge on their makers...

I'd be a writhing mass of blood, saliva and utter shame this very moment.... for I can still remember the day last year when I threw a Terrorizer compilation into the dankest corner of my chamber with a poisonous half smile emblazoned on my face. I did not choose to understand the enigma that is Mithras that day, and laughed in unison with the rest of the brutish horde of UK metalheads, choking with idiocy and intolerance.

All I can say now is that the joke's on us. Overlooked in a climate of fifth rate death metal bands and metal poverty, Mithras have had a hard climb, and now that they've reached the summit, it's time to fly the fuckin flag.

Worlds Beyond the Veil is nothing more than complete metal mastery. That's right, THE best album I've heard this year and I'm proud to have these bastards as my countrymen. Take a bit of epic metal, add some melody, a drop of throat cancer, some fantastic musicianship and perhaps an M-60 for a double kicker and you've got Mithras, a moody, trance-inducing whirlwind of a band... and they're here for blood.

Now lets get one thing straight. This band is not one I'd like to compare to many others, but for the purposes of journalism, it's a sin I'll have to commit. The words 'Morbid Angel' come to mind on more than one occasion, particularly on the title track "Worlds Beyond the Veil" and others like "The Caller and the Listener". There are elements of serious brutality here, however I fear this album is just a bit too much for the average camo-clad death metaller (particularly of the British variety), who would merely resort to the only actions they are capable of, grunting and dismissing.

A theme of diversity and strength is almost blatant on ‘Worlds’, sinister but tranquil instrumentals (“Break the World’s Divideâ€

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Last edited by Leon on Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:18 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Best review ever :twisted:
HAIL TO MITHRAS. ARGHJHHHHAAAAAA!

Post subject: Re: new review
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:29 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

[quote="Mithras"]http://www.metalreview.com/albums/default.aspx?album=904

heres a new one

"If words could take revenge on their makers...

I'd be a writhing mass of blood, saliva and utter shame this very moment.... for I can still remember the day last year when I threw a Terrorizer compilation into the dankest corner of my chamber with a poisonous half smile emblazoned on my face. I did not choose to understand the enigma that is Mithras that day, and laughed in unison with the rest of the brutish horde of UK metalheads, choking with idiocy and intolerance.

All I can say now is that the joke's on us. Overlooked in a climate of fifth rate death metal bands and metal poverty, Mithras have had a hard climb, and now that they've reached the summit, it's time to fly the fuckin flag.

Worlds Beyond the Veil is nothing more than complete metal mastery. That's right, THE best album I've heard this year and I'm proud to have these bastards as my countrymen. Take a bit of epic metal, add some melody, a drop of throat cancer, some fantastic musicianship and perhaps an M-60 for a double kicker and you've got Mithras, a moody, trance-inducing whirlwind of a band... and they're here for blood.

Now lets get one thing straight. This band is not one I'd like to compare to many others, but for the purposes of journalism, it's a sin I'll have to commit. The words 'Morbid Angel' come to mind on more than one occasion, particularly on the title track "Worlds Beyond the Veil" and others like "The Caller and the Listener". There are elements of serious brutality here, however I fear this album is just a bit too much for the average camo-clad death metaller (particularly of the British variety), who would merely resort to the only actions they are capable of, grunting and dismissing.

A theme of diversity and strength is almost blatant on ‘Worlds’, sinister but tranquil instrumentals (“Break the World’s Divideâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:45 pm 
Forum Admin

At least that guy knows what he is talking about, it certainly does require some thought to appreciate it fully and it definately requires a few listens. (I'd say a few hundred would be jsut about right ;))

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:18 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:00 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:03 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:16 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:31 am 
Searching The Endless Planes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:53 am 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:46 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Mithras. Once again, the British prove that they kick ass at almost every fucking thing we do.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]