[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - ALBUM 3 NEWS!!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ALBUM 3 NEWS!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:46 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hello everyone 8) ,

some very important news regarding album 3.

From this moment on, I am handing over the drum throne to our live drummer Sean Broster, and he will be drumming on the next album.

:) It's been a real pleasure drumming on all the things i've recorded with Mithras, from the first demos :? to the full albums :twisted: . Considering that i never really wanted to be the drummer in Mithras and just did it out of pure necessity to keep the band going, i don't think i did too badly in the end, given that i've only been playing for 4.5 years now. I achieved what i wanted in terms of adding something new to what could be considered standards in extreme metal, in terms of speed and creativity.

I'm handing over the drum reins primarily so that we can become the band that me and Rayner always intended to be. Sean is a fantastic and extremely brutal drummer and we have no doubt that he will be able to work with us to make album 3 a monster in it's own right.

Secondly, i simply don't have the time or energy to write the music/play guitars/play drums/produce another album all by myself. Maybe i'm getting old or something, but with all the other things in my life at the moment like my family, ZT magazine etc, doing all the above would probably be too much of a herculean task and might just finish me off.

This will allow me to concentrate on the guitar work and the music as a whole, and also allow us to explore new avenues which we previously couldn't.

I'm not giving up drums for good, but i'm not yet sure what i'm doing in terms of future drum projects. I'll keep you posted.

In related news:

1) We are still rehearsing for gigs early next year
2) The aim is to record album 3 towards the end of 2005
3) The writing stages for the music of album 3 are about 60% done.
4) I will be posting a short live video from our rehearsal last weekend very soon, and hopefully a better quality one not too long after that.

Thanks for all the support!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Last edited by Leon on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:23 pm 
Great Councillor

All good news methinks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:36 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Post subject: Spiritual Heir to the Throne
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:41 am 
Great Councillor

Cool, I thought that this might happen but I didn't think so soon. Sean must be a great drummer because Leon and Rayner don't strike me as people that are easily impressed. On the one hand I'll be sad because Leon's drumming is really cool but on the other hand I'm really looking forward to hearing Sean play. Having a two-piece studio band isn't really an ideal situation anyway, to say the least.

Does this mean that Mithras are now officially a three-piece band?

Is there a chance that Lee could also feature on Album 3?...and if so will Mithras eventually become a four-piece? - don't take these as suggestions or pressure on my part, I'm just curious.

My suggestion (hope) for a fitting way to 'vacate the throne', would be for Leon to record this drum solo that's been mentioned and include it somewhere on Album 3... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:39 am 
The Wanderer

:shock:

He must be pretty damn good then. Can't wait for the gigs, how extensive a tour will it be (read: any chance of playing Oxford?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:28 pm 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:53 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:02 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:41 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:30 pm 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:24 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:21 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:27 am 
Mixologist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:28 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next