[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - ALBUM 4 UPDATE
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ALBUM 4 UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Here's a long overdue update re: my future plans for Mithras and the next Mithras record.

Since early 2008, I've almost entirely concentrated on making Mithras a viable live proposition. We'd done so few live shows over the previous 10 years and never reached the level I aspired to, in terms of professionalism, performance and passion. So it's with great pleasure I write that with our last show at SWR festival in Portugal, and the rehearsals leading up to that show, we finally managed to represent the music and atmospheres from the records in the way I always wanted, with all members firing on all cylinders. This was a definite highpoint for me. Unfortunately, such moments never seem to last for Mithras and it seems likely our live drummer Sean will be departing the UK for an unknown period of time, which means Mithras as a live band is effectively on hiatus. Hopefully, Sean will return one day soon to take up his place behind the drums, as I'm not going to spend time actively seeking another live drummer having spent the best part of the last 11 years doing so.

It's worth saying right now that for a variety of reasons, the last few years of Mithras have been a testing period for me personally. Considering Mithras almost came to a close a few times during that period, I'm proud to be able to look back over the last two years to a string of successful shows including some big overseas festivals, so huge thanks to all my other band members and to everyone who turned out to see us play at the shows.

Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons such as the amount of time and effort required to get the live band going and just keep it on track, not to mention plenty of drama along the way meant I wasn't able to get "in the zone" and make any fruitful forays at writing any new material for the next record.

The good news is that now with no other distractions, my attention is now fully turned to working on the new record in isolation in my studio and will be concentrating all my creative energies on it for the near future. There isn't a current timescale for when the album needs to be finished and I do not yet know in what format it'll be released, whether via a record label or otherwise but in the interim, here's a few prospective song titles:

Time Never Lasts
Inside The Godmind
When The Stars Align

Until the next time,

Leon Macey

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: ALBUM 4 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:53 pm 
Great Councillor

I'm sorry to hear about the live situation.
Sean always seems to fit the Mithras drummer role perfectly and his performances along with the rest of the band, particularly the Portugal gig, have been colossal. I do wish him well though on his travels.

As a huge fan of the band I'm thankful Leon that you've managed to hold it all together over the past few years and still release the excellent Sands Of Time along with putting together all the live shows, even if I couldn't manage to get to them (shame on me).

I can't help but get excited like the child I am over new material.
I think it's very wise not putting a timescale on it. At the end of the day it should be something you enjoy rather than be a chore and if it takes a long time then so be it. I think people need to show a little patience and realise that Mithras hasn't had an easy journey to this point.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about how the new stuff evolves etc.
The titles as always sound intriguing
8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 pm 
Great Councillor

Glad to hear the ball is rolling with the writing again Leon 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:25 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Come rain or shine, I'm sure Mithras will go on to bring us another decades worth of asskicking space metal barminess.
Bummer about the live situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:08 pm 
Great Councillor

Hopefully the future will only hold a stronger live presense, and some US appearances :D

Can't wait for the new record/shirts/HOODIES/posters/patches/vinyl!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 am 

Thanks for the kind words guys.

If Sean does come back we'll probably do some more shows, it's always there as a possibility. The fact he can literally walk in after 2 years of no drumming, sit behind a crap drumkit and knock out note perfect Mithras songs is pretty scary and also means it's quite hassle free. There will hopefully be some better footage from SWR Portugal and maybe even the idea of a Mithras DVD will be resurrected over the next few months ;)

There's going to be a number of surprises with the next record, which probably won't be revealed until a lot nearer the recording starts. I've already demoed up about 4 songs, just need to dust off the synths next!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:08 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:49 am 
Great Councillor

DVD
DVD
DVD :D

These 4 demo tracks have me twiddling the olde beard too, looking forward to mithras' future again after the dark times.
Kind of have that feeling when BTSLM was being written & no one had a clue what it was going to be like, Im really glad you managed to get it going again :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 pm 
Forum Admin

I am lucky enough to be privy to the direction of the new material and I think everyone will be very excited by it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:30 am 
The Wanderer

so i heard the Time Never Lasts demo on facebook, god damn that is awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:16 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:42 pm 
The Wanderer

the track is on myspace aswell! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next