[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Sands Of Time DVD?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sands Of Time DVD?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm 
The Wanderer

Post subject: Re: Sands Of Time DVD?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

This DVD was going to be based around the London Show from Dec 2008 as the centre piece with some extra stuff as mentioned. All that extra stuff is ready to go but the London footage still isn't.

At that gig, there was a bloody great atmosphere in the audience but a terrible one onstage, the band were under rehearsed, in some songs we had many technical problems (like not being able to hear ANYTHING half the time). We've since gone on to do much better live shows with everyone playing way better, but I still don't think we've been at the point where I'd want to document any one gig as "the Mithras experience" as someone dubbed it.

When I make a Mithras record, I like it to be perfect which is why it takes so long. This isn't that unusual for a band and even more reasonable when you consider I do most of the stuff on the records myself. This mindset applies to all our physical releases that people will have to pay for as far as it is practicable.

When playing live extreme metal everyone needs to be firing on all cylinders and then some for it to come over well on video. Obviously everyone needs to be able to physically play the parts too.

I think releasing this Sands Of Time DVD based around all the songs we played at that London show will just give a false perspective of what Mithras is / is meant to be and people will assume that this is what me and the other guys in Mithras thinks is "decent" as we've released it on a DVD.

The 'Tomb Of Kings' video on YouTube is ok (it's a pretty straight forward song to drum too which makes it much easier), but I don't think the performance on some of the other songs is really up to scratch and Rayner and Ben don't think they're that great either, though a few are pretty decent. I guess it comes down the fact that what I'd stick on YouTube and what I'd put on a physical release are two totally different things and I want to have pride in the DVD when it comes out.

I think we'd be able to record a much better show in the future to put on a DVD tbh. We'll see what time brings, maybe some of the mixes from this show will appear one day...

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:05 am 
Great Councillor

I'm happy to wait for something more solid.

As much as i'd like to see all the footage from the London show, under the circumstances I personally believe that as with all of mithras' past releases it should be perfect & have that signature mysterious mithras atmosphere.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:39 pm 
Forum Admin

It would be nice to see a DVD one day, I have seen some old VHS tapes of recording around Worlds era and they were great to watch! A live show would just be the icing on the cake for me.

Maybe a full on documentary would be good one day? You could base it off Some Kind of Monster :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:21 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 pm 
Great Councillor

Personally, I think any type of dvd on Mithras would be great, whether it be a 'behind the scenes' documentary or some live stuff (or a bit of both).

Even if it was relatively short it would be worth it in my opinion.

What about a digital video download that fans pay for through your site? Maybe that would save at least some of the hassle of putting it all together, what with packaging/discs etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:24 am 

I'll have a look at the footage we have, I think depending on how the CD release goes it'd be really cool to do something with the video footage we have and sooner rather than later. I'll get what I have sorted out and work it all out.

I have a masterplan re how we could get a reasonable full live show onto DVD, hopefully we can crack that this year.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]