[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - NEW VOCALIST / BASSIST - SAM BEAN JOINS MITHRAS
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New vocalist/bassist
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm 
Great Councillor

Good news all around then :)

Im really glad that mithras are to continue folding the universe a new asshole!

Welcome Sam, will be awsome to see what you can bring to the table!

Cool that Benji is a full member now, would love to hear a chapman-stick interlude someware :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:41 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

Lost chat off the top of my head; Me praised choice of the new vocalist \ bassist before we talked a bit about Berzerker masks.

Just been listening to The Senseless right now on Myspace which i find grande. And (wondering if i should be careful what i say) i find Sam's vocals kinda darker compared to Rayner's mighty voice. Will Mithras be taking a darker tone from here on out? I mean i don't know what's the words i'm looking for here but Sam's voice makes me wanna run for cover.

But like i said, great stuff. Will we be hearing any Mithras songs on Myspace with Sam's vocals? :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:16 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:40 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Good question. It's unlikely we'd rerecord Sams vocal over Rayner's and put it online as the recorded output stands as it is.

We might record some footage at our next rehearsal so you can hear how things are coming along.

Right now, Sam and me are really busy, about to record the new The Senseless record, and Sam's learning all the Mithras material so we can get busy with shows asap.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 pm 
Great Councillor

Not that anybody could replace Rayner, but sometime down the road it would be interesting to hear Sam do one of the older songs, as a bonus track or something.

I never really listened to The Berzerker, what material did Sam take part in?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 am 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

I know what old stuff sounds like, I WANNA HEAR NEW STUFF! Forward not backwards! :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:35 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist 2009-2010

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:18 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 am 
Great Councillor

I don't think being American should stop you, Sam's Australian & it isn't stopping him :wink:

Sorry could'nt help myself there!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:22 am 
Great Councillor

I'll have to start saving for a UK trip then, whenever these shows are announced it isn't enough time advance for me to plan.

Though I must admit it is relatively cheap for a flight to London, considering that it's CHEAPER than a flight to Canada. I know my girlfriend wants to visit Europe again, and I'd like to visit. We'll have to plan one in the much distant future, if Mithras will stick around long enough for us to make it ;)

It doesn't help that she has 4164341831831831 other places that she wants to travel to either. Though she's schooling to be a travel agent, maybe someday we'll get some sweet discounts :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2