[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Throne of Nails reformed?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Throne of Nails reformed?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:25 pm 
Great Councillor

According to metal-archives their 'active'

Anyone got any more info on this? I love their spoils of war album, apart from the lacking in length of songs & the album being abit too short all together.

Post subject: Re: Throne of Nails reformed?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:49 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

They're not active as far as I know, and haven't been since the band split back in late 2002 / early 2003. I've got some good live footage from when I was doing session lead guitar for them, those were funny times.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:11 pm 
Great Councillor

:shock: would love to see that footage!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:29 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Yeah that album was really short, Shame really!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:47 pm 
Great Councillor

The other band Lee's doing now (I think that's his name) 'imperial empire' is really good, has plenty of potential.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 pm 

Lee was the original singer from the throne of nails 'ascension' demo, he left a long time before I got involved, and Matt took over vocals.

From what I can tell Mark must have tried putting the band back together after it split and got Lee back when he came back to the U.K. I don't think Imperial Empire is doing anything either, but he's got a cool video on youtube.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:19 pm 
Great Councillor

Yea nothing from imperial.. since 2004 by the looks of it.

Would you mind linking this video?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:08 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:43 pm 
Great Councillor

Cheers
Yea thats pretty cool, kinda funny in parts aswell :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:11 pm 
Great Councillor

:D just got word from Lee's manager & he says:

"What's basically happened is that Lee and Mark have gotten back together
and are pooling Imperial Empire and Throne of Nails into one "SUPER"
band."

This is good news!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:42 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

THRONE OF EMPIRES! IMPERIAL NAIL ...LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 pm 
Great Councillor

Imperial nail!!!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:54 am 
The Wanderer

Throne of Nails was indeed a promising band. Their album reminded me of a minimal Immolation and had an interesting Miltonic concept. I thought it was integral and well crafted death metal. I seem to remember the demo having very bad recording quality, but I haven't listened to it for a while. I'm glad that there might be more from this band.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]