[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - And so the mighty Mithras takes a formidable blow
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: And so the mighty Mithras takes a formidable blow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 pm 
The Wanderer

And so the mighty Mithras takes a formidable blow. To see Rayner depart from such an important role is both saddening and shocking. However, speaking as someone who has personally experienced these circumstances before I know all to well that when it comes to crunch time tough judgements are imperative. In the interest of everyone these judgments have been made at this sad time.

This also must be quite a shocking revelation to all out there who follow Mithras but worry not my friends. For Newton’s law of motion applies in this case. Evidently the great pendulum of the multiverse has swung, skewing in a sad direction, which leaves only for it to swing back revealing the great things to come!

Soon enough this wound will heal and Mithras will become stronger! Prepare for good things my friends! This is most unquestionably not the end for Mithras!

Although Rayners presence will be missed it is vital that the fires remain stoked!

Obviously the London show on the 14th will be a big one as it is Rayner’s last so I also urge you all to get there if possible to see what truly is a glorious musical vision.

But as said before, fear not! All is not done yet!

Ben

Post subject: Re: And so the mighty Mithras takes a formidable blow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:48 pm 
Great Councillor

Your post has actually made me feel a lot better about it. I suppose we all have to remain positive.
Whatever happens, Rayner will always be the voice on WBTV and BTSLM - in my opinion 2 of the greatest metal albums, and also let's not forget FA...... L - a legendary debut.
We all should celebrate his time in the band and then look to the future. Change is never easy to accept, even at the best of times, but Mithras have survived many changes and are still here.
God (Mithras?) help the next person taking up mic (and bass?) duties! :lol:
So thanks for the heads up Ben (Yoshimitsu? :twisted: ) - I for one needed it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 pm 
Great Councillor

Aye it's a mighty blow but life shall continue with the mighty 'thras!
Best of luck to you Rayner your a legend! & best of luck to Leon & Ben of course!

Im hopefully able to make the gig now :twisted: ! Getting my train tickets sorted tomorrow (hopefully crossing all fingers & camel toes!)

Just hope I have enough funds left to get the chaps some beers!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:20 am 
The Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:02 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

I'm sure Mithras will recover and kick as much arse in the future as they already have done.

For the record though, you're going to need a seriously awesome vocalist to make up for Rayner's absence, I'm talking Tom Warrior or Ihsahn in scales of awesomeness, here. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:33 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Cheers Kron and all! Yeah Mithras have still got gas in the tank I reckon, its one of those unstopperable beasts, I've obviously been part of and seen the writing process first hand, it can only get better and better from here on in. Lets all raise a glass to the might of Mithras! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:07 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:09 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:28 pm 
Mixologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:04 pm 

Somehow I don't think Leon vomiting a mountain of cocks with Ben's face on each of them while space explodes (in an inferno of mechanical cocks) would suit Mithras.

I'm kidding, get Giger to do a cover right now!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 pm 

haha

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:24 pm 
Mixologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:06 pm 

Possible songtitles

Collapse of the space cock
Space cock collapse
Mechasatancockocidal space dimension cock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:15 pm 
Great Councillor

Lets just hope thet don't use your titles unikron ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next