[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil' TABLATURE
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: 'Worlds Beyond The Veil' TABLATURE
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:51 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Here's the guitar tablature for the track 'Worlds Beyond The Veil' from the album... you guessed it! 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'. I've not really followed tab convention with this, as I don't use tab at all EVER!! However it should be understandable to most people.

Any questions, please post in this thread and I'll try and answer them.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:08 am 
The Wanderer

Thanks a ton! Couldn't have come at a better time, got 5 weeks left until I go back to university and feeling horribly sedentary. Time to learn a Mithras song!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 am 
Great Councillor

Right everyone, get cracking. First one to put a video of them playing it on Youtube gets a gold star and a packet of Skittles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:48 am 
The Wanderer

Great, just one thing...

How do I tune to E#? Hahaha.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:23 pm 
The Wanderer

Place fingers on tuning peg. Turn tuning peg until an F note is recognised. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 pm 
The Wanderer

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YCXB8HWW

A GP4 file of the Guitar for 'WBTV'. I know theres a second guitar which i'll get around to eventually, and Bass, if I can be informed of any differences between the parts. I may do the drums, depending on the answer to that universal question "Can I be arsed?".

So yeah..

And a question to Leon...

On the last repeat of the Verse Riff, The second guitar harmonizes, but what is it playing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

I've worked out the bass part! does that count lol!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:47 pm 
The Wanderer

It indeed does my good man.

Some chocolate raisins for your troubles kind sir.

P.S. I only just realised why these tabs are being made.

I better get practicing eh, hahaha.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:35 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 am 
The Wanderer

^Well I matched the GP version up from listening to the track, so it should be pretty close. The gradual tempo changes were pretty difficult to implement though, I have to admit. Overall i'd like to think you'd approve. I may have to export it to a MIDI at some point to get some feedback on it.

Anyway, You definitely use some interesting chord shapes though. And the string skipping in that verse riff is gnarly as hell. And that sliding pinch harmonic too, I can't figure out for the life of me how you pull it off, haha.

Tabbing your drum parts is going to be a joy too :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:20 am 
The Wanderer

I worked on it like 9 hours today, this is going to take a very long time for me :D. I can string skip pinch harmonics about as well as a quadriplegic can swim.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:49 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:40 pm 
The Wanderer

http://media.putfile.com/Worlds-Beyond-the-Veil-MIDI

Right, first thing though, MIDI pinch harmonics sound shite, but I can reassure you that on the file they are notated how you put it in your tab. Actually, MIDI guitar sounds pretty crappy in general. But here it is, crit away, haha.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:33 pm 

All sounds correct up till 54seconds, that riff before the drum break isn't right, you've missed a chord out I think.

The section where the first guitar solo goes over the blastbeat is too long (should stop at 1.28).

The section before the change to the epic riff has one phrase too many.

Otherwise very impressive, the timing sounds right to me too. 8)

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next