[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Important updates in the Mithras camp:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Important updates in the Mithras camp:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:16 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Firstoff, we're no longer signed to Candlelight Records. Although we signed with them for a possible three albums (of which 'Behind The Shadows Lie Madness' was the first), Candlelight decided not to take up the option in our contract for what we're just calling "album four" atm, giving the reason that we don't tour. While we're not particularly disgruntled by this, it did come as a bit of a surprise given the fact we made them aware we weren't a touring band when they signed us (and we signed as a duo). However, the music industry has changed a lot over the last few years and it is definitely a different and harder market these days. Nonetheless, it was a great experience working with Candlelight on 'Behind The Shadows...' and we wish them all the best for the future. Work continues on album four as I type this...

But rather than start a hunt for a new record label and go through agonising negotiations, we've taken the astoundingly obvious and logical step of signing to my own label Galactic Records for our next release, which is scheduled to be an extensive double cd package and celebrates the 10th anniversary of Mithras. More details to follow...

In other news, we're pleased to say there's a Mithras feature in the March/Apr 08 issue of legendary magazine Metal Maniacs, check it out!

Leon

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: Important updates in the Mithras camp:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:21 am 
Great Councillor

Well, I guess it's good and bad news. While losing the contract with Candlelight you probably wont get as much publicity, but I think being on Candlelight along with the various magazine articles and brilliant albums produced, I think your name is significantly out amongst the metal world, as I've noticed has grown greatly over the years. So maybe you wont need them anymore anyway. And this may draw attention to Galactic Records. But all in all, glad to here the album 4 update, I'd assume the second disk would be older material? I imagine it will be absolutely brilliant no matter what it is. I've hardly even taken in all of 'Shadows' yet, I can hardly imagine another album already. The quality of your music lasts a life time as it is. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:13 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

(grabs the shittiest means of getting access to the internet just so he can ask this question)
Will there be vinyl?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:13 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 pm 

Crikey
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net ... emID=92670

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:39 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:55 pm 
Great Councillor

Anybody that judges Mithras based on one album is a fool. so far every recording has been different (and brilliant).

They are the idiots who bought it off of a review in terrorizer. Hey, some people like it, and some people are going to review it well. They could have at least done a little research and found a track somewhere on the internet to see if they like it. Or read MORE reviews. I'm sure there had been a bad review out at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:55 pm 

I don't understand the "overrated" comments, that'd surely mean that more than, what, 34 people like you guys? :wink:

Seriously, though, it's not like you guys get as much exposure in the rock/metal community as, for example, Mastodon. (Not implying they're overrated, Mastodon fucking slay)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:03 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:13 pm 

Do it for the folk who bought the hoodies too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:37 pm 
Great Councillor

or re-release the hoody for those who joined very shortly after it sold out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:45 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:00 am 

Just to clarify, Candlelight still hold the rights to the first three albums, so it'd be unlikely that we'll be doing a vinyl release of them. However if it goes well for our next album, we'll see eh ;)

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:35 am 
Great Councillor

Well Candlelight is stupid. I want Vinyl. Picture discs!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next