[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Sarpanitum - Despoilment of Origin out 26/02/07
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sarpanitum - Despoilment of Origin out 26/02/07
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:08 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

Sarpanitum: Despoilment of Origin
Out 26.02.07 through Galactic Records.

"The new kings of the British Metal Underground" - Kerrang

In the pillared city of Ur, the horns of misfortune resound. Men cry war from mountainous battlements, bladed chariots muster in their thousands and common men beg the mercy of pitiless Gods. This is the essence of Sarpanitum: an unstoppable siege-engine of blackened death forged in the cradle of civilisation.

Sarpanitum formed in Birmingham, England A.D. 2003, beneath the vigilant gaze of band hierophant Andy Techakosit. Rooted in self-acquired lore of Ancient Babylonia, Sumeria and Akkadia, the founder could do little but translate his fascination with mythology and ancient civilisation into music - the rightful medium for the Mesopotamian epic, Despoilment Of Origin. Plagued by terrible omens and numerous lineup changes, Techakosit (vocals / bass) would soon find staunch musical allies and Despoilment Of Origin is the fruit of their slaving labour; an eloquently guttural performance of mythological blackened death metal that leaves only ashes in its wake.

Their achievements as an unsigned, young band have been nothing short of glorious and led them to sign with Galactic Records. Having appeared with monumental entities including Decapitated, Insision, Visceral Bleeding and Macabre, they earned a slot at the annual Neurotic Records Deathfest in 2006 in Eindhoven, Holland, a high-profile event for the world's most prestigious death-metal warlords. Side-by-side with the likes of Psycroptic, Insidious Decrepancy, Gorerotted, Avulsed and Prostitute Disfigurement, Sarpanitum tasted bloody triumph at what can only be described as one of death metal's most barbaric live events. Following brutal military subjugation, Kerrang! Magazine declared Sarpanitum "The new kings of the British Metal Underground," and clearly submitted to extortionate tribute with their astounding KKKK live review. Masterful. Archaic. Decadent.

- Galactic Records 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:07 am 
Great Councillor

I notice Sean Broster plays drums for them. Does he play on the album?

If so, why couldn't he originally record drums for Behind The Shadows..??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:11 am 
Great Councillor

I'll buy this album. It's British and I like what I've heard so far, plus Leon remixed and mastered the album - seems like a winner to me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:53 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:38 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:08 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:46 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:32 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:24 am 
Great Councillor

My copy arrived today from Galactic.

I was knackered when I got in so put the stereo on, laid back and had a good listen.

This album is excellent, I will definitely be playing this a lot. Not a bad track on there.

I think the established big name extreme metal bands like Nile and Morbid Angel etc. better start pulling their socks up coz bands like Mithras and Sarpanitum have now overtaken them.

I would put this album into the bracket of 'instant classic' - it's a great start for Galactic Records along with Sepia Dreamer.
Sarpanitum can count me as a big fan. :D
:twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]