[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - black/death metal documentary on BBC!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: black/death metal documentary on BBC!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:11 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:16 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:54 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:21 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

They have an interview with Necrobutcher, and Glen Benton.

I'm going to watch this just to maintain my hatred of the media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:41 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:46 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:10 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:42 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:17 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:18 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:50 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:27 pm 
Great Councillor

Thing is though, every case I've heard where metal music was blamed as influencing people to kill, the killers listened to Metallica and Mariolyn Manson and shit. I mean the last murder I heard about where heavy music was blamed was where a guy called Ronnie blamed the metallica lyric in the song that he shares a name with saying 'when ronnie pulled that gun from his pocket and they all fall down' or something like that.
now out of all of Metallica's music, he got most influenced to kill people by a song from an album that is more influenced by country&western then heavy metal.

And besides, why can't people just be crazy and kill other people, why does there have to be some reason behind it all? I mean why did Hitler kill people? why did crazy people before there was even rock & roll music kill other people? and why don't we hear anything about movies which actually depict these acts of violence, why do we hear about the bands who have lyrics of the same nature. That, by the way you can't even make out when you listen to the music so you have to read the lyrics in the album sleeve. So does this mean they should ban horror literature? I think not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:58 pm 
Great Councillor

^ very true matty.

People kill people & have done since humans have existed & thats never going to stop. But blaming metal because of over hyped kids who are easily influenced is sad.

The last metal related murder I hard of was the couple in Germany or Belgium or somthing. Im not too sure if that was metal related or just satanic, I know the guy had an exhumed shirt tho :roll:

P.s American & non uk people who want to see this theres a black metal documentary going around the internet from Norwegan t.v. It's a good one aswell.. has emperor, dimmu borgir, mayhem, satyricon & darkthrone. Look for that on torrent download sites of kazza.

Im gonna try & tape the documentary & upload it somehow depends if I can get my vcr working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:40 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

No there was a guy in italy not long ago early this year who killed his girlfriend and best mate or summat "cus the dark one told him to!

Anyway like we have already said this wiil be a pure concentration on the "gore" "murder" "gay" section of death metal and no have any of the great elements that makes certain death bands great!

To be honest i have to always look at the floor when people go what genre is your band, purely because the public opinion of death metal is murder rape and barking vocals! Ie cannibal corpse and co.
To be honest i think all that metal is boring and limited yeah i can apreciate the brutal parts and when they kick out some real low vocal( not that that happens much now) and when some one is a great musician , and player. But if the song sucks due to poor song writing then it is never gonna cut it.

I`m not that into death metal anyway, for me to like a band they have to do something that has meaning and purpose not just play 6-5-2-0 on the bottom string as fast as they can whilst the singer growls out some lyrics about fucking his dead poodle, and the drummer plays a " fast" "blast" beat.

I`m gonna watch just to see what they say cus you know everyone will be asking me what i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:07 pm 
Great Councillor

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next