[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Where is everyone?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:07 pm 
Great Councillor

Where is everyone? Are you all dead? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:11 pm 
Forum Admin

I know :(

The board is quiet recently.

Come one everyone wake up and tell yah friends about this place :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:50 am 
Searching The Endless Planes...

I'm dead, I dunno about the rest of them.

Being dead sucks. I shall have to bring myself back to life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:19 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:44 am 
The Wanderer

yeh i read on the other page that that guy got banned. why did he get banned milo? great character buy the way milo...theres always a catch :wink: ...as for the forum, no not much is being said, with no disregard for mithras it is dull,... maybe the guests don't like those strict rules that have been set; noone likes being told what to say or do; but thats just my opinion, and by the looks of things what says goes...
noone is posting anything thats generating an "intellectual disscussion" so until then the chances of it happening are very slim...

Exit Electra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:10 pm 
Forum Admin

umm, Davemustaine was banned because she was randomly insulting people.

I believe she is back though.

And the rules are hardly strict, we just want a friendly enviroment, nothing more, nothing less. I dont see that being too much to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:45 am 
You are well informed Toozey, quite rightly so, Dave Mustaine, just might
well be back, best watch out she might insult you!

Electra i take it your into Greek Tragedy...hmmm the Euripides translation...i prefer the sophecles translation me, the way in which he presents electra is by far more deserving and effective than euripides' he tends to pussy foot around in portraying her character, where sophecles tends to show her in one light only she is a right B**** in sophecles translation...have you read it in Greek? what other Ancient s*** are you into?

(too Electra_in...) finally someone to have an intellectual conversation
with...

Forgive me Toozey, i forgot you were there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:46 am 
The Wanderer

"Randomly insluting people"??? hahaha Why didn't they insult her back??? It seems petty that you band her for that? people like that you just ignore and get on with it. She was proberbly attention seeking, or trying to provoke a reaction just like the one she got! but that seems pretty funny hahahha "Randomly insulting people" hahhaa bet that was real funny.
In addition Toozey i said that that was just my opinion, but take into account if one person feels like that just imagine what the others might be thinking, Whats Your opinion Milo, Authorised and Weasel?

MiloMinderBinder you must know alot about Greek literature. Yes you are right i've quoted from the Euripides Translation, however Milo i beg to differ with you that Sophecles' version deserves the praise that you give it. Euripides was a misogonist, most of his plays were directed at showing women in an evil light, so by this he clearly had the experience to show Electra in the worst possible light ever, he does no favours for Clytemnestra there is no pathos shown for her predicament. By contrast Sophecles translation is by far more weaker, he allows the viewer to feel pity and sadness for Clytemnestra. take Sophecles' translation of Antigone for instance, had Euripides translated that we would have got a version where Antigone would have been portrayed in a more foul light, Sophecles portrays Antigone like Electra in a more of a heroic tragic light!

I read alot of Greek/Roman Epics all the well know accessable ones by Homer and Virgil, I don't understand and dislike the Comedy and have read alot of tragedy. No i haven't read any in Greek, i don't speek the language, i do however know a few sentances in Latin but thats about it.

Exit Electra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:10 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

GOD not greek PLEASE... for the love of satan NO MORE GREEK.

I'm living with 3 greeks (aaaargh) and have been for 2 years. my cockney london accent has totally disappeared and been replaced with this weird GrEnglish accent. I sound like an indian now.....

I just spent 4 months modelling an ancient Greek lost city palace....

There are 7 Greeks in my house right now

My name is Alexander....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

NO. MORE. GREEKS

It's quite literally all Greek to me...

:oops: :evil: :shock: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:19 pm 
The Wanderer

hahaha cool! i should have been born a Greek, i love their country, i was thinking of going out their to teach when i finish uni, however i don't mean on the Greek islands but rather the mainland, i dispise the Greek Islands, people their are hostile, and its filled with British Twats and their "cockney accents" :wink: i love their way of life. you must admit that their ancient history is fantastic, the old pagan religion. It was the Greeks who invented democracy...it took the western world another 5 to 6 centuries to catch on, yet in the 21st century, our democracy still isn't as effective or fair as the ancient Greeks was...

Ok am i boring anyone yet...yes think i had better shut the fuck up!

Exit Electra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:42 pm 
Forum Admin

Milo - People can do what they like in Non-Music Discussion, a little spam never did any harm. The other sections should be kept to what they are there for and not the Mustaines babble.

I'm not quite sure what your problem is with me, I banned someone because I and Leon thought they were behaving stupidly. I'm not saying Mustaine was a bad poster she just took some of her "jokes" too far sometimes and its not what we want.

Of course I may be wrong about who you are but you've made it quite obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:29 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

lol... images of my postwoman just came flooding back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:46 am 
The Wanderer

Is there something i've missed???

psychopath and sociopath are the same thing, it means the same thing. Good Word Play, Tip: try using quotes that people don't know! Great film though, Denis Leary is very sardonic no maybe not, i like black/dry humour me, so it appeals, Johnny Crown.

Exit Electra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:36 pm 
The Wanderer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]