[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - What do you want from Album 3?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:22 pm 
Great Councillor

'Worlds' has plenty of catchy riffs. I know this to be true because my fiancee constantly has to tell me to shut the fuck up when I'm humming/singing them hehehe.

Examples:-

Intro riffs to:-

The Caller and the Listener

Lords and Masters

Psyrens (after the nice intro with sea effects - I like how it suddenly wallops you. That riff is as catchy as fuck)

Voices in the Void also repeats itself plenty.

They Came and You Were Silent - this track's main riff is THE mother of all motherfucker riffs. If this one doesn't hook you then you are lost and beyond redemption!

Transcendence also has plenty of catchy moments.

Those listed above are only the intro sections but there are plenty more riffs I could pull out if anyone still wants to argue.

As an aside, you can't treat the instrumentals like 'The Sands of Time' the same way as the songs - they are meant to have different structures. They can be thought of as a 'journey' to an unknown place that constantly changes. Repetitive instrumentals more often than not become boring and by their nature, are usually short. Don't forget that 'Worlds' tells a story and the instrumentals basically set the scene and link parts of the story together.

To conclude, I think if 'Worlds' became more repetitive it would severely damage the album and Mithras would end up sounding like many other extreme metal bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:11 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

what do I want from album 3?

Progression
A Wipe Clean Inlay, perferated for easy drainage
A DVD/CD-Rom containing a live rendition of a number of tracks (They are always pretty badass)
A picture of two priests kissing passionatly
a free temple
two crocks of stones
a pitted envelope
a pair of harsh skin tablets
glue for my bread
bread for my glue
a pet Griffin
an Army* of Darkness**
Anton LeVey stuffed full of crumpets in a Cheshire Tube
meaning to meaningless activities

*If not possible a Navy, roughtly simular to Italy's Navy circa 1939 would do.
**Dim sunlight also suitable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:33 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:10 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:17 pm 
Great Councillor

how off topic.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:18 am 
Forum Admin

Hehe, well lucky me, myself and Leon have just been guitaring to each other over MSN and I got to hear quite a bit of new stuff.

Riffs from:

To Fall from the Heavens
Under The Three Spheres
The Twisted Tower
Behind the Shadows Lie Madness

and most of "Thrown Upon the Waves"

I can tell you lot now that you will NOT be disappointed. Most of this stuff is really really heavy and bludgeoning. I'm guessing it will be very drum based as well (and knowing Leon, stupidly fast!)

The song that really hit me though was "Thrown Upon the Waves" and it embodies everything about MITHRAS. It is packed with Mihtras-eqsque melodies and literally floored me. I can't wait to hear the final version, it's going to be blinding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:20 am 
Forum Admin

Oh yeah, might as well throw away the other albums when this one comes out. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:41 am 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:32 am 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:15 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:00 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:19 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:22 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:01 am 
Forum Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:17 am 
The Wanderer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next