[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - bad review
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: bad review
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:09 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

that's probably the worst review i've ever seen hahahahaha

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:32 pm 
Forum Admin

That's hilarious, this guy must be short of a few brain cells at least if he finds Nile and Hate Eternal more interesting than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:31 pm 
The Wanderer

:x what a cunt that guy sounds! Once again, we have some twat who hasn't listened to the earlier tracks/albums and therefore can have no real understanding of the band's musical progression. He does'nt like it? So be it, and FUCK HIM because he sounds like a reviewer who probably thinks McFly are Death Metal! :lol: :lol: Whats all this shit about Hate Eternal :?: Ah well, least now he's isolated himself from the 99.9% of people who thought that the album was great and know that Mithras are at the cutting edge of extreme metal! 8)

Oh, BTW, PLEASE bombard this guy with hatemail/viruses! :) I dare ya! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:09 pm 
Great Councillor

What I don't understand is why he's comparing Worlds to Nile/Hate Eternal in the first place. Aside from that I think that is a genuinely badly written review and he clearly only listened to the album once or twice before reviewing it.

I think this guy loses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:02 pm 
Great Councillor

Well, what kind of review would you expect coming from a site called metal-rules.com?? hahaha

Is it an American site?? Coz that would explain the Hate Eternal/Nile worship. I've personally grown bored of formulaic Death Metal - give me Mithras any day over the aforementioned bands.

As for fret-wanking?!? I don't see how you can level such stupid 'critique' at Mithras - the solos aren't played to demonstrate guitar prowess - they're played to convey a feeling and emotion, which is what music is all about in the end anyway.

How does the reviewer expect metal to progress if there isn't any attempt made by bands to do something different?

Let's all pass round the collection box so we can buy the reviewer an eighth - maybe that will help him pull his head out of his arsehole

Post subject: here's another
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:08 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

another bad one! (not so bad tho)

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:12 am 
Great Councillor

Well...its all about the invidual. Some may hate a 6 minute intro and want more "song". These people would probably rate bands that don't do this (e.g Dying Fetus).

I however, rarely enjoy an album that does more with sound than anything else I've heard since Transylvanian Hunger*. I think an album of songs can get quite boring...yes...even Reign In Blood. As an Album, WBTV is as diverse as a Leicester population demographic report.

At the end of the day, different stokes for different folks.

*In terms of experimentation you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:58 pm 
Great Councillor

The second critic is better - he gets his opinion across in a fair manner but can you really take it seriously when he obviously rates Machine Head's 'Through the Ashes of Empires' higher than WBTV??

MH's 5th album didn't even come close to 'Burn My Eyes' and IMO was yet another huge disappointment from a band that offered so much in the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:00 pm 
Great Councillor

One other point I have to make is, why the hell are these people listening to metal if they don't like guitar solos?...fuckwits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:27 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

The second one wont load for me.

It would be bad if the fuckhole had coherent reasons why he doesnt like WBTV, but no, he spouts a whole minutes worth of vomit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:47 am 
Great Councillor

The second review:
'The CD: Worlds Beyond The Veil (Golden Lake Productions)

The Band: Mithras

Tracklisting:

Portal to the…
Worlds Beyond The Veil
Bequeath Thy Visions
The Caller and the Listener
Break The Worlds Divide
Lords And Masters
Psyrens
Voices In The Void
The Sands of Time
Search The Endless Planes
They Came And You Were Silent
Transcendence
Beyond The Eyes of Man

Performers:

Rayner Coss: Vocals, bass guitar

Leon Macey: Guitars/Drums

Produced by Leon Macey and Lee Du-Caine

Overview:

Terrorizer Magazine, a British metal magazine, in their 114th issue, awarded Worlds Beyond The Veil the CD of the Month, along with a rating of 10 out of 10. That they did it the same month Machine Head put out their monstrous come back CD Through The Ashes of Empires was enough to make me raise my eyebrow. But that paled next to what reviewer Stuart Banks wrote in the actual review (emphasis mine):

“With their second album, they have just delivered probably the best release of any artist in the U.K., of any genre of music-ever.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:05 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

"Production issues"? what a load of horsecrap. WBTV is one of only 2 albums I can totally loose myself in. Blackwater Park being the other one. It's also one of only a VERY small number of albums where, if I were one of the musicians, I wouldn't change a single note. It all just works perfectly, as if it was meant to be that way. Hard to explain...

I do firmly believe you have to have a pretty high intellect to understand and properly appreciate this band. That might be me being up my own arse, but I've played WBTV to a lot of people and it seems pretty obvious to me who this is targeted at.

I've no doubt it will become one of the great metal classics.

The most original musical release (in any genre) in the last 10 years, and a step forward to an entirely new genre of music, which is long overdue.

In my opinion :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:04 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:55 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:26 am 
The Wanderer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next