[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - How did you all get into / hear about Mithras?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: How did you all get into / hear about Mithras?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:34 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hi everyone,

what led you all get in to mithras and what was the first thing you heard of ours?

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Last edited by Leon on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:49 pm 
Great Councillor

http://mithrasbb.nilechat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

Second post in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:51 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Well....

Once upon a time I was reading Terrorizer and upon it's shitty cover was mounted a shitty cd featuring excellent bands (but the cd was shitty because it said Terrorizer on it).

Being a "Listun to FRASH or DIE" sort of person, not a lot of it appealed to me at the time. I thought Mithras' demo version of "Bequeath Thy Visions" was cool and fairly insane but a little far out for what I was listening to then.

So one day, almost a year later I'm sitting at home, writing reviews for a jolly bunch of yanks at Metalreview.com and suddenly I see a review for a British band called "MITHRAS" available. "I've eard them bastards before!" I thought, so I grabbed it out of curiosity. An entire week spent listening to "Worlds Beyond the Veil"

The rest... is history. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:43 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

Throne of Nails links section on their awful website.
I remember it was just as Forever Advancing Legions was just about to come out and looking at the pictures of you guys, one that sticks in my mind is when youre all standing at the top of some steps and your all about 1mm big, and the one on the back of the CD where youre on the bridge :P
and i remember seeing Rayner in a Crowbar t-shirt and thinking he's cool :lol: . I think i listened to you or couldnt listen or something, but not actully buying the album, a couple of years later i was on the Golden Lake website, and i saw Mithras on there and being like " :shock: i remember that band, Bob said that guy is one fookin' mad guitarist!" (Bob being the front man of Battered ( :lol: ) he mentioned that you were the tour guitarist for ToN and that when you were merely warming up before the gig at the Croydon Cartoon you were wanking that guitar like a mother fucker)
anyway, a couple of days previous, at the Aborym gig someone was handing out flyers, Mithras were mentioned on there and got a 10/10 and this weird old guy who had started talking to us was like "That does not deserve a 10 out of 10 hahaha... Its good haha, very good haha, but doesnt deserve a 10/10 haha" (he laughed after everything that he said)
so i bought it, because it got a 10/10.

As Alexus said.
The Rest is History 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:40 am 
Great Councillor

It was the cover to WBTV that first intrigued me. A band described by some as Death Metal and yet a cover of space. I'd also read some good things about the first album and then I'd read the big feature in Terrorizer. In fact, that was the last issue of Terrorizer that was worth reading - I haven't bought an issue since then. I found Leon's and Rayner's ideas interesting - the album concept sounded unusual. I've always believed that when concept albums are executed well like WBTV they can be awesome. Another thing I found interesting was Leon's 'almost meditative' approach to practicing guitar and the single take 'Psyrens' thing.
I just knew even only half way through 'Portal To The...' that WBTV was going to be good and when the title track kicked in it gave me the 'shivers down spine, turn up the volume' feeling that only awesome music can give. The album came along just at the right time for me. A combination of me being disillusioned with the metal scene and being depressed at the time meant that WBTV was the perfect 'tonic' or 'anti-depressant'.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:42 am 
Forum Admin

I heard Bequeath Thy Visions demo on the Terrorizer cover CD and read the Worlds review, so I just ordered Worlds and I've been addicted ever since!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:04 pm 
The Wanderer

Number one fanboy toozey introduced me to the mighty mithras 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:50 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:25 pm 
The Wanderer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:24 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:29 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:21 am 
The Wanderer

Read the Terrorizer review of Worlds Beyond the Veil, then a friend of mine went gaga over the album and sent me a CD-R. After a few listens I was hooked and bought a copy. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:22 pm 
The Wanderer

It was a few years ago i was scouring the net for intresting music and found mp3's of sloping altars and vae solis. i was extremely impressed and sought out forever advancing legions, but could get it nowhere. Then recently found out that worlds beyond the veil was released. Bought it, and that night sat alone with headphones, candles and a couple of bottles of wine. IT WAS LIKE BEING SHOT THROUGH A BLACK HOLE!
very impressive it had been a long time since an album had actually TAKEN me somewhere.at that point i was getting into jazz and giving up on extreme metal but "worlds.." definately put faith in me that extreme metal still had ground to be broken.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]