[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - NEW TRACK ONLINE / MORE ALBUM 4 NEWS
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NEW TRACK ONLINE / MORE ALBUM 4 NEWS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:10 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hey everyone.

Here's a few bits of (hopefully!) interesting news. I've uploaded a demo version of a new song from the (currently untitled) upcoming Mithras album to Myspace, Facebook, Last FM and YouTube (coming soon). The track in question is called 'Time Never Lasts', and is a demo recording of one of the tracks which makes up the new record; meaning almost everything on the track will be re-recorded for the album proper. This track isn't necessarily one of the most ambitious on the record, but is very "Mithras-esque", who'd have thought it! Writing for the next record is still well underway, but since it's been so long since 'Behind The Shadows Lie Madness' came out I wanted to give a tangible update regarding my progress. Thanks to Lee du-Caine for helping me get such a good mix on the track too, which shows a little bit of where we're going to go sonically with this one when we hit the studio.

As anyone who's heard the track might have noticed, and some people are already aware; in addition to playing guitar and drums, I'm also doing vocals and bass on this track. So here comes the next announcement: the next Mithras record is going to be me flying solo, playing all the instruments and doing vocals. This was in some ways a very hard decision to make, but in other ways an astoundingly easy one, which I think is going to work out for the best for me personally, and isn't really a reflection on anyone else. I was fortunate enough to have many viable options on this record as to who could perform on it (from live and ex-members) but after very careful consideration regarding practicalities and all the hard work which goes into a new record, not to mention much soul searching, I decided the best possible outcome for the record was for me to work alone.

Expounding on previous news announcements, Mithras live shows and any other musical projects are firmly off my agenda for the near future, so I can concentrate totally on the new record. Once the new record is in the can I'd like to play some shows and hopefully I can hook up with some of my comrades to do so.

Cheers,

Leon Macey

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: NEW TRACK ONLINE / MORE ALBUM 4 NEWS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 am 
Great Councillor

I was at work when I initially found out you'd put the demo up, with only my mobile to try to listen to it; but to no avail.
I must admit I nearly smashed the fucking thing up when I realised it wouldn't play the track :lol:
However, it was worth the wait. I love how the track builds up and then breaks down into the ambient section just after the 3 min mark. It's yet another Mithras track with the capacity to send shivers down the spine (if not you just don't have a soul).
I don't need to know the reasons why you decided to go it alone when the music's this fucking great 8)
Kudos to you for the vocals Leon - they're excellent :D
Like I said on Facebook - I think the new album is going to be rather special.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:36 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

I haven't quite got my head around the song yet, but it sounds quite cool - the brutal opening especially.
The vocals are not what I expected... they're really great, quite similar to Rayner in a way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am 
The Wanderer

Awesome job Leon! Love the new track.
The vocals are amazingly close to Rayner's! True Mithras song.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 pm 
Forum Admin

Great song, and I know it's just the start of something special from number 4!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:34 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Perhaps it is not my place to say, but maybe the beginning of the song could use a little bit of fine-tuning? It's hard to describe, but structurally the beginning seems a bit off. But, that's just my opinion, and I probably just need to get used to the song and the sound. The rest of it is perfect, though. No doubt about it. It's definitely a brutal Mithras track either way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 pm 

never mind, hopefully you'll prefer some of the other bits on the record :lol:

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:34 pm 
Great Councillor

I had the same problem as Weasel, except I was in San Francisco for a week and nearly smashed up my mobile!

It sounds great, I just can't wait to hear the whole album to see how the songs flow together.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:14 pm 

i'm not surprised you prefer your vocal hehe :lol: . This demo track is the first thing i've ever recorded in this style of vocal. While I'm sure it'll be similar to Rayner's voice in some ways (considering that I planned the vocal patterns for the lions share of our songs in the past there's bound to be some similarities) but there's some differences in pronunciation and diction as i want something a bit sharper and punchier while still sounding deep and horrible. Right now i'm just doing what comes naturally and its working out pretty well.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:34 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:20 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

I haven't been here in quite a spell. Gonna check the track now, interesting to hear your flying solo on this one leon. Can't wait for the new record! Any news on how many tracks are finished?

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 am 

To be brutally honest; I've not done much work on the new record recently; I've got a lot of mixing and recording on the go and have been having a break from anything Mithras related, i'll get back into it soon enough I guess.

I've already had some interest from some decent labels who'd like to release album 4 so that's cool :D

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next