[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Let's talk other sci-fi/spacey bands
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's talk other sci-fi/spacey bands
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 pm 
Great Councillor

I think Luciferion is a bit of a stretch here, you might as well include Aurora Borealis if you're going to take that road

Decrepit Birth are definitely more Technical Death Metal but Diminishing Between Worlds has its Mithras-esque moments. Whenever I hear the first few notes of Reflections of Emotion i'm expecting To Fall From the Heavens to come on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:52 am 
The Wanderer

Yeah \m/ Luciferion \m/ !!! They are awesome!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:20 pm 
The Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:48 pm 
Great Councillor

I just don't think Luciferion is really very spacey. I only have the apostate but I think it is less spacey than Decrepit Birth even.

I mean, they are a good band, but I just don't see any comparison to Mithras

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:16 pm 
The Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:28 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

There's always the Ozric Tentacles, as me or Tuke will tell you :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzlOASkiLA

Mentioned these in the Listening thread.
Astra.
Very old fashioned space rock/prog.
Hawkwind meets Pink Floyd meets Yes and there's even some Black Sabbath in there.
Album is called The Weirding and it is god damn essential you get it.

http://www.myspace.com/astrasound

Orakulum by Sunn O))) (or most Sunn O))) really) sounds like space collapsing, if that counts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294BanrGr-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78oohr6X ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:56 am 
Great Councillor

I love Sunn O))) but I really wouldn't count that :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

My mate summed up Sunn O))) as a very empowering band that made him feel as though he was standing on a mountain and giving the finger to the universe while it is uncreated.
I lolled, but I agreed.

Anyway, shut up and check out Astra!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:40 pm 
The Wanderer

http://facebook.com/amaekilshath
http://www.youtube.com/user/GanjaBhang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

NO one bothered to mention Augury? Terrible you guys :wink:
http://www.myspace.com/augury

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Well I have seen Decrepit Birth 3 times, I have partied with them, Smoked Played guitars in druken wankery together,yada,yada and I think they sound nothing like Mithras. They are really in a league of their own like mithras. live performances are nothing short of phenomenal. other than writing really good organic and original music like mithras, I just don't see the comparison

God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:57 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:21 am 
Mixologist

pestilence "spheres" is sci-fi/space/fusion metal stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdxWDqcTUdc

and how about abigor's weird "symphonic medieval black metal in outer space"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsuVIZlGy5Q - from about 4:40 sounds especially scifi/spacey to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoaluhSsIA - features clanging swords, battle cries and what sounds like someone activating the spaceship's airlock at 5:05

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 am 
Mixologist

hang on, here's some real space music for you all... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZMYvk_N6Q8

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next