[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - MITHRAS PLAYING BRUTAL ASSAULT 2009 - FULL VIDEO IN THREAD!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: MITHRAS PLAYING BRUTAL ASSAULT 2009!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

I'm obviously first to get over the hangover :D

The festival was amazing.

We played really well - everyone turned in a blinding performance (particularly Sam)

Nothing went wrong - all our gear made it though the air travel gauntlet and the festival gear we borrowed performed great (bar the huge drum fan which kept tipping away from Ben meaning he had to leap up between songs and kick the shit out of it)

The front of house sound was awesome - we took an engineer with us who gave us a blinding crushing mix, and also kept the weekend "interesting" and acted as manager - cheers Rob!

The crowd reaction was brilliant - after 2-3 songs of them looking a bit shocked and bewildered the applause started coming. Apparently we had a pit a few times during our set and loads of people headbanging. I couldn't see anything!

The festival crew and organisers were the best, we got treated really well and logistically it was perfect.

Memorable moments:

"Is anyone here DRUNKKK?.... Put your hand up if you're drunk! This one's for all the drunk cunts" - Sam Bean

"How do you say "suck my balls" in Czech?" Rob to our minivan driver at 2.30am while lost on some country roads with Grave.

A member of a certain band (not Mithras) running into the glass doors to a hotel while holding 2 cases at 4am and cracking the door glass.

Rich Hoak turning green, leaping up from our drinking session and running to the hotel steps where he "composed" himself.

SETLIST

PORTAL TO THE...
LORDS AND MASTERS
UNDER THE THREE SPHERES
TOMB OF KINGS
TO WHERE THE SUN NEVER LEAVES
WRATH OF GOD
BEYOND THE EYES OF MAN
WORLDS BEYOND THE VEIL
BEHIND THE SHADOWS
SEARCH THE ENDLESS....

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 pm 

oh yeah we also videoed the entire thing from the mixing console :D

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

Nice! Hopefully some of it will end up on this compilation/DVD thing that we're supposed to be getting our hands on soon then!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 pm 

That's pretty unlikely, said DVD is already full of material from the first 10 years of the band and I want it to bookmark that era really.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:14 pm 
Great Councillor

Nice nice :)

Im scouring boobtube relentlessley in case someone uploads some footage of mithras hehe! Sounds liek you had a blast, im glad it all went well!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:19 pm 

If you find anything let us know, my tape will be sorted out soon and we'll see if we can get something online :D

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 pm 

Ah cool, that would be great.
I've had a good look on youtube too, but can't find anything at all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:20 pm 

Well I've just asked our reporter at the festival how you were.

He said you were one of the best bands of the festival - he was apparently pleasantly surprised because he finds your albums "fairly boring".
Apparently he loved the psychedelic guitars live - he says they don't seem to be as prominent on the albums.

He said you were great live though, which is good. He'll have the review for that up in the next week or so I would expect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:03 pm 

Haha "fairly boring", we'll see how "interesting" his review is :D If the guitars were any more prominent on the records I think people would cry, hehe!

Yeah, it's really great he enjoyed us and that he thought we came over well at the fest, against all the other bigger better known bands, job done 8)

Let me know if you had anyone taking pictures!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Fuckin damn right you guys went down a storm.
Tomorrow, the world.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 am 

behind the scenes pics on the site gallery now, show pics to come soon

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:12 pm 

Apparently we did have someone taking pictures, but I don't know about their quality, etc.. so we'll just have to see when they get put on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm 

Ok, don't get your hopes up - haha. I've just been told that the Mithras pictures are quite bad and blurry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:00 pm 

show pics up in relevant live folder

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 pm 

Sam found an audience member video - end of 'Worlds...'

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next