[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - The 'Gear' Thread
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:33 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:56 am 

Post subject: Re: The 'Gear' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:50 am 
The Wanderer

Jackson Performer Rhoads V
2x BC Rich Ironbirds (1 Plat, 1 Plat Pro)
Ibanez RG7420
Charvel SuperStrat

Zoom 707mk2

Laney HCM 65watt combo
n old 400watt Orange 4x12 cab

http://facebook.com/amaekilshath
http://www.youtube.com/user/GanjaBhang

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:02 am 
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:42 pm 
Forum Admin

Just ordered a nice big pedal board, now that I have a job I can push some cash into my rig!

Also ordered this cool little pedal:

http://www.protonepedals.com/products/b ... lbers.html

Sounds like it will be really good for my stuff as it will give me back my clean channel, just wish I knew things like this existed earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

I've got a pedal that does just the same thing, originally it was press the switch and it goes to "full volume" now I rewired it so it's the opposite. I use it on some leads to cut the gain, pretty handy

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:51 pm 
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:53 am 
The Wanderer

I'm gonna get a digitech 2112(which has the 2120 upgrade chip) in the mail sometime this week. I kinda got it on a whim without doing much research since it was only 150$ used. I was planning on using it solely as a mono-fx processor with my 5150 combo, but upon further investigation lots of bands used it as a dedicated preamp with a power amp. I might do this for a while, especially since my preamp tubes have needed a change for several weeks now. Severed Savior recorded all of "Forced to Bleed" with one of these units, that's always been one of my favorite guitar tones, even though the album was kinda mediocre.

Anyone have experience with these units? I've heard they're a very difficult unit to program and get the hang of. I looked at an online copy of the manual and it does indeed look pretty daunting, but also really really versatile. There's literally hundreds of effects, this thing blows the POD out of the water(in terms of configurability at least) and it's like a decade older. Is that one I see in your rack in your avatar pic Leon?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:53 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hi Evoken, no I've never used a 2112, or any digitech effects for that matter, but a lot of bands use them. I think Emperor used them on 'IX equilibrium' to make the actual guitar tone.

Just dive in and play about with it, if it goes badly wrong just do a factory reset and you'll be back to the start!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:02 am 
The Wanderer

2112 arrived today. It's definitely a very nice unit. It's quite overwhelming and I'm still learning how to navigate the interface. The effects portion of the unit is definitely top notch stuff, the preamp is just acceptable. I'd highly recommend it for anyone searching for a good, affordable multi-effects unit who doesn't want to deal with the hassle or cost of a ton of analog pedals/rack gear. It could definitely be gigged with or used in the studio in a pinch(as a preamp), but I'm in love with the 5150s preamp section still, I'll stick to that. Still, I basically got a 31 band eq, noise reduction, numerous different reverb/delay/chorus/pitch effects, and really nice compression for 150$. Sick sick deal. God I want to keep playing it but it's late and neighbors are going to sleep. I think I'm just gonna get a used bbe sonic maximizer and change the preamp tubes on the 5150 and I'll be all set.

What amazes me is that this unit is from 1997 and it's like 300x better than anything line 6 has out over a decade later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:01 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 pm 
The Wanderer

got a Lag Arkane Superstrat recently n its rather nice :) especially @ £70 lol

http://facebook.com/amaekilshath
http://www.youtube.com/user/GanjaBhang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:42 pm 
Forum Admin

More new stuff since I last updated...

jackson DK-7 COW
Line 6 POD X3 Pro
Randall V2 Archetype
Mac Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:15 pm 
The Wanderer

Esp Ltd Fx-400 W/ Emg 81/60
Washburn D200ProE(Dime) W/ Emg 81/85
Ibanez RG7321 Red Flamed maple top W/ Bare Knuckle Warpig 7 in the bridge
Alhambra Maestro 200 w/ Fishman Piezo
Squier Hello Kitty Strat
Washburn 5 string coa bass

Line 6 Spider valve hd100 head W/ Shortboard
Mesa boogie rectifier cab
Ibanez Ts-808 reissue(always used except with the acoustic ^^)
Boss Heavy metal pedal.

--
Shitloads of recording equipment
--
No talent
--

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6