It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another bloody drumming question
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:10 am 
The Wanderer

French, German, or American grip? are there any advantages/disadvantages over each type? right now i think im using American, German feels really weird, French seems like it could work for me, though when I move into blast position I'm in more of the American position. Ive found that i can already sustain 8th notes at 240 with my right hand for a good period of time, probably from fast guitar playing. If anyone could name 1 extreme metal drummer that uses each grip, that would help me cuz i could look for you tube videos on each one. also, I saw a video of max kolesne playing an electronic kit, heels down, flying on double bass. i know its all about what works for you, not what other people are doing, but what would be a good foot technique to start with, keeping in mind ive never played double bass before.

Thanks alot!

Post subject: Re: Another bloody drumming question
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:27 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

TheOneCalledLord wrote:
French, German, or American grip? are there any advantages/disadvantages over each type? right now i think im using American, German feels really weird, French seems like it could work for me, though when I move into blast position I'm in more of the American position. Ive found that i can already sustain 8th notes at 240 with my right hand for a good period of time, probably from fast guitar playing. If anyone could name 1 extreme metal drummer that uses each grip, that would help me cuz i could look for you tube videos on each one. also, I saw a video of max kolesne playing an electronic kit, heels down, flying on double bass. i know its all about what works for you, not what other people are doing, but what would be a good foot technique to start with, keeping in mind ive never played double bass before.

Thanks alot!

As far as i know i use german grip (palms facing down) and use my wrist to drum but sometimes i go to american grip and use a bit more fingers. As for other drummers i don't know, tbh it;s probably best to do whatever feels best for yourself. American grip does combine the best of wrist and finger playing, so no reason not to use it.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]