It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Universe UV777VBK
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:44 pm 
Great Councillor

This guitar has been on ebay for several weeks & has been relisted loads of times. I can't belive it hasent been brought yet & its only starting at £800 with no bids & about 8 hours to go!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

I wish i had the money to get this, it's probally the cheapest you'll ever see one going for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:43 pm 
Mixologist

that model is on ebay a fair bit and thats about the going rate for it really. check out the completed listings and recent auctions for the same model have ended at £620 and £750.

it seems to be the most common UV model, and its quite a recent model too, so i guess thats why it doesnt sell as well. personally, i think it looks naff, but ive never seen one in the flesh and it might look a lot better in real life. it probably plays and sounds fine tho :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:44 pm 
Mixologist

btw

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 80715&rd=1

thats more like it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:50 am 
Great Councillor

Lee_dC wrote:

Now thats a tastey burger!

I recon the uv777 looks pretty nice personally, but really all 7 string jems & universes are damn sexy! Much better than my cheap rg :oops: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:51 am 
The Wanderer

Lee_dC wrote:
that model is on ebay a fair bit and thats about the going rate for it really. check out the completed listings and recent auctions for the same model have ended at £620 and £750.

it seems to be the most common UV model, and its quite a recent model too, so i guess thats why it doesnt sell as well. personally, i think it looks naff, but ive never seen one in the flesh and it might look a lot better in real life. it probably plays and sounds fine tho :wink:

Blasphemy! They're beautiful guitars! Overpriced, but beautiful nontheless! :wink: If you could liken them to a woman, they'd be Nigella Lawson: classy looking with a huge bottom end :shock: The late 90's built ones are nicer as the finish is better. Personally, and I'm sure Leon & Lee will probably agree, I would say the original Universes (ie the black & green, white & multicoloured models which often still crop up on eBay) are superior to the ones they're churning out now.....they just feel.......better somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:03 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Yeah definitely, i've played quite a few universes now, and about 3 uv77bks, and the older ones definitely "feel" superior somehow. I've got 2 from 1990, and they definitely feel miles better than the same models from 1995.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]