It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:11 pm 
Offline
Great Councillor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:46 pm
Posts: 730
Location: Kernow
I've always wanted to get an RG 1527 & modify it, im just a sod when it comes to money.. burns a huge hole in my pocket. I deffinatly need a 7 string with a tremlo system of some kind cuz my RG 7321 pisses me off cuz i have to use an octaver on my pedal which of corse is cheating! Im not too good when it comes to pickups, want somthing nice like the pickups in universes but i dont know what types they are n stoof... what would you advise to get ?

_________________
TO THE MOUNTAIN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:23 pm 
Offline
Mixologist

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Posts: 155
Nauthiz wrote:
Im not too good when it comes to pickups, want somthing nice like the pickups in universes but i dont know what types they are n stoof... what would you advise to get ?


Universe guitars have Dimarzio Blaze pickups.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:59 am 
Offline
The Wanderer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 1:52 pm
Posts: 22
Nauthiz wrote:
I've always wanted to get an RG 1527 & modify it, im just a sod when it comes to money.. burns a huge hole in my pocket. I deffinatly need a 7 string with a tremlo system of some kind cuz my RG 7321 pisses me off cuz i have to use an octaver on my pedal which of corse is cheating! Im not too good when it comes to pickups, want somthing nice like the pickups in universes but i dont know what types they are n stoof... what would you advise to get ?


As Lee said, the Universes have Dimarzio Blaze p-ups which sound pretty damn good. The Ibanez p-ups they put in their other 7 strings are a bit shit to say the least. Seymour Duncan make 7 string p-ups too that some people prefer. The other guitarist in my band and myself have Ibanez RG 7621 7 strings fitted with active EMG 707's which, personally, we prefer to the DiMarzios because of the higher output and thicker tone. However, because they're wider than normal, some routing is required (= spending money!). Here's a pic of mine (which has had the original body replaced with a Universe body). All the bits were purchased second hand so it didn't actually end up costing that much.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:41 pm 
Offline
Great Councillor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:46 pm
Posts: 730
Location: Kernow
Cool cheers for the help. I shall be getting some Dimarzio Blaze pickups when i get around to buying a new guitar. If i had the money i'd get a universe... one day i hope!

_________________
TO THE MOUNTAIN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:52 pm 
Offline
Great Councillor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:46 pm
Posts: 730
Location: Kernow
Machine wrote:
Nauthiz wrote:
I've always wanted to get an RG 1527 & modify it, im just a sod when it comes to money.. burns a huge hole in my pocket. I deffinatly need a 7 string with a tremlo system of some kind cuz my RG 7321 pisses me off cuz i have to use an octaver on my pedal which of corse is cheating! Im not too good when it comes to pickups, want somthing nice like the pickups in universes but i dont know what types they are n stoof... what would you advise to get ?


As Lee said, the Universes have Dimarzio Blaze p-ups which sound pretty damn good. The Ibanez p-ups they put in their other 7 strings are a bit shit to say the least. Seymour Duncan make 7 string p-ups too that some people prefer. The other guitarist in my band and myself have Ibanez RG 7621 7 strings fitted with active EMG 707's which, personally, we prefer to the DiMarzios because of the higher output and thicker tone. However, because they're wider than normal, some routing is required (= spending money!). Here's a pic of mine (which has had the original body replaced with a Universe body). All the bits were purchased second hand so it didn't actually end up costing that much.

Image



Where did you get the body from? Does anyone know of any places that sell just the bodies?

_________________
TO THE MOUNTAIN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:04 pm 
Offline
The Wanderer

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:36 pm
Posts: 26
Location: rugby, uk
aren't they blaze II pickups in da universe????

_________________
Winners don't use drugs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group