It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Musicians...
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:46 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

Hail.

At the moment I would be grateful for a godsend, As it's very hard to find appropriate musicians (In the UK at least). A drummer and I have begun work on an atmospheric metal project which we intend to finance ourselves and release on a minor label.

Though we can more than cover on Bass, Guitar and Drums we earnestly seek a keyboard player who has similar ideas to us as we're currently limited to computer samples.

So. Keyboard Players -

We're looking for someone not afraid to follow the lead of others while still remaining individual, someone who doesnt mind a bit of anonymity and mystery to their personality and someone who can commit the darkest reaches of their mind to music.

We are both adequate musicians with many ideas and good knowledge of home production. We have decent equipment and recording facilities and previous work available to those interested. We also are negotiating a cover to be done by Kris Verwimp (Manegarm/Arch Enemy/Callenish Circle/Enthroned/Cirith Gorgor/Old Man's Child/Suidakra)

We're not overly ambitious about sounding too "Different", but rather we are intent on creating quality metal which draws on medieval and experimental touches.

Influences:

Summoning
Bathory
Dagorlad
Bal-Sagoth
Arcana
Death
Sodom
Enslaved
Borknagar

Ages: 20-35
London Area or around.

Those interested please mail me: alex@metalreview.com

(Ah well... it was worth a try)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:05 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

what recording stuff do you use? because at the moment mine is totally crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:28 pm 
HengeOfAdraste wrote:

We go straight from guitar preamps into the computer,
First we use some very decent drum samples and compose guitar riffs over that, and record everything via cubase, mixing and compressing everything afterwards. After all that sheeeit, we record the songs live in the studio and build from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:29 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Anonymous wrote:
HengeOfAdraste wrote:

We go straight from guitar preamps into the computer,
First we use some very decent drum samples and compose guitar riffs over that, and record everything via cubase, mixing and compressing everything afterwards. After all that sheeeit, we record the songs live in the studio and build from there.

Goddamn. No log in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:51 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

cool, what socket do you plug it into?
also you could try doing the keys your self, its what i do for the few keys i use, there should be one on the PC, if not you could try the stuff on fruity loops (techno music maker but good for all really)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:52 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Good luck with the band, I hope you link them on this site when you have MP3's :D

My projects
Orchid- Ambience stuff. me and my best friend on keyboards and guitars. And tons of special effects.

Sevas Dog- Band I set up in 2000. Broke up 2002. Reformed last month. Needs a fucking drummer :( (We basically wanted to ruin music for everyone, we were into a lot of nu metal back then, so it sounded a bit wimpy at first, then when we learned of what real fucking metal is {and I discovered Anal Cunt} we got louder and angrier, and WAY more incoherent) Your typical Sevas gig is 20 minutes of unorganised playing by a bunch of drunk bastards, while "the baron" wanders around the stage, screaming his bollocks off.
Yeah, stupid I.Q. lowering metal :p

(and I also have a ton of joke bands) :p

But I could imagine (or at least, I'd like to imagine) you guys liking Orchid. We're starting work in August on an EP.
Inspirations - Mithras :twisted: , Opeth, Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor

So thats it.
Oh and ALEX deMUSTAINE, sorry to post all this shit in your thread, rather than make my own :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:17 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Baron Xaeiroe wrote:
Good luck with the band, I hope you link them on this site when you have MP3's :D

My projects
Orchid- Ambience stuff. me and my best friend on keyboards and guitars. And tons of special effects.

Sevas Dog- Band I set up in 2000. Broke up 2002. Reformed last month. Needs a fucking drummer :( (We basically wanted to ruin music for everyone, we were into a lot of nu metal back then, so it sounded a bit wimpy at first, then when we learned of what real fucking metal is {and I discovered Anal Cunt} we got louder and angrier, and WAY more incoherent) Your typical Sevas gig is 20 minutes of unorganised playing by a bunch of drunk bastards, while "the baron" wanders around the stage, screaming his bollocks off.
Yeah, stupid I.Q. lowering metal :p

(and I also have a ton of joke bands) :p

But I could imagine (or at least, I'd like to imagine) you guys liking Orchid. We're starting work in August on an EP.
Inspirations - Mithras :twisted: , Opeth, Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor

So thats it.
Oh and ALEX deMUSTAINE, sorry to post all this shit in your thread, rather than make my own :(

No problem man... so you play keyboards huh? Want a job? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:42 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

You live in london, and I live all the way up north!
it would cost me a load of money to go down there every day!
I hate southerners!
So yeah, when will you be needing me? :p

EDIT: Plus I'm shit at piano. I make Shine do most of the work!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]