Mithras
http://www.mithras.org.uk/phpBB3/

'Worlds Beyond The Veil' TABLATURE
http://www.mithras.org.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1045
Page 1 of 5

Author:  Leon [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:51 am ]
Post subject:  'Worlds Beyond The Veil' TABLATURE

http://www.mithras.org.uk/downloadrespository/Mithras%20-%20Worlds%20Beyond%20The%20Veil%20tablature.txt

Here's the guitar tablature for the track 'Worlds Beyond The Veil' from the album... you guessed it! 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'. I've not really followed tab convention with this, as I don't use tab at all EVER!! However it should be understandable to most people.

Any questions, please post in this thread and I'll try and answer them.

Author:  Evoken [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1

Thanks a ton! Couldn't have come at a better time, got 5 weeks left until I go back to university and feeling horribly sedentary. Time to learn a Mithras song!

Author:  leeless [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1

Right everyone, get cracking. First one to put a video of them playing it on Youtube gets a gold star and a packet of Skittles.

Author:  The Noonster [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1

Great, just one thing...

How do I tune to E#? Hahaha.

Author:  cl8on [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1

Place fingers on tuning peg. Turn tuning peg until an F note is recognised. :P

Author:  Leon [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1

The Noonster wrote:
Great, just one thing...

How do I tune to E#? Hahaha.


Well spotted, the tuning was incorrect, I pasted that in from a file from something else using a wacky tuning, it's been corrected now:

A# D# G# C# F A# D#

Author:  The Noonster [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YCXB8HWW

A GP4 file of the Guitar for 'WBTV'. I know theres a second guitar which i'll get around to eventually, and Bass, if I can be informed of any differences between the parts. I may do the drums, depending on the answer to that universal question "Can I be arsed?".

So yeah..

And a question to Leon...

On the last repeat of the Verse Riff, The second guitar harmonizes, but what is it playing?

Author:  Ragnar The Destroyer [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

I've worked out the bass part! does that count lol!

Author:  The Noonster [ Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

It indeed does my good man.

Some chocolate raisins for your troubles kind sir.

Image


P.S. I only just realised why these tabs are being made.

I better get practicing eh, hahaha.

Author:  Leon [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

The Noonster wrote:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YCXB8HWW

A GP4 file of the Guitar for 'WBTV'. I know theres a second guitar which i'll get around to eventually, and Bass, if I can be informed of any differences between the parts. I may do the drums, depending on the answer to that universal question "Can I be arsed?".

So yeah..

And a question to Leon...

On the last repeat of the Verse Riff, The second guitar harmonizes, but what is it playing?


From memory (don't have my guitar to hand) it simply plays a 5th above.

The bassline isn't simply playing the guitar parts, there are some differences but they're quite minor. The main issue is that it's rhythmically different, but Rayner would have to explain that as I'll stick to remembering the drums and guitar parts ;)

If you've created a guitar pro file of the song using the tab I made, bear in mind I haven't made the tab properly in time - spread out properly, and I don't use GP so I can't check your version.

Quote:
P.S. I only just realised why these tabs are being made.

I better get practicing eh, hahaha.


I'm tabbing these songs mainly because people have asked for them, believe me I'm not doing it for fun ;) Hopefully people will enjoy them and it'll give them some insight into the playing etc. If people seem interested in this one I'll complete the tabs for the other songs I mentioned in due course (Psyrens, Wrath Of God)

Author:  The Noonster [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

^Well I matched the GP version up from listening to the track, so it should be pretty close. The gradual tempo changes were pretty difficult to implement though, I have to admit. Overall i'd like to think you'd approve. I may have to export it to a MIDI at some point to get some feedback on it.

Anyway, You definitely use some interesting chord shapes though. And the string skipping in that verse riff is gnarly as hell. And that sliding pinch harmonic too, I can't figure out for the life of me how you pull it off, haha.

Tabbing your drum parts is going to be a joy too :P

Author:  Evoken [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

I worked on it like 9 hours today, this is going to take a very long time for me :D. I can string skip pinch harmonics about as well as a quadriplegic can swim.

Author:  Leon [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

The Noonster wrote:
^Well I matched the GP version up from listening to the track, so it should be pretty close. The gradual tempo changes were pretty difficult to implement though, I have to admit. Overall i'd like to think you'd approve. I may have to export it to a MIDI at some point to get some feedback on it.

Anyway, You definitely use some interesting chord shapes though. And the string skipping in that verse riff is gnarly as hell. And that sliding pinch harmonic too, I can't figure out for the life of me how you pull it off, haha.

Tabbing your drum parts is going to be a joy too :P


If you put a midi file online that'll play back through winamp (or an mp3 of the same would be better!), i'll definitely check it out and give you some pointers.

In the tab file I had to approximate the tempos as the actual tempo track for that song has lots of curves in it :S

Believe it or not, 'Worlds...' is about par for the course rhythm difficulty wise, there's quite a few harder songs: Dreaming In Splendour, The Caller And The Listener etc :roll:

Author:  The Noonster [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

http://media.putfile.com/Worlds-Beyond-the-Veil-MIDI

Right, first thing though, MIDI pinch harmonics sound shite, but I can reassure you that on the file they are notated how you put it in your tab. Actually, MIDI guitar sounds pretty crappy in general. But here it is, crit away, haha.

Author:  Leon [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THE TAB HAS LANDED PT1 - 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'

All sounds correct up till 54seconds, that riff before the drum break isn't right, you've missed a chord out I think.

The section where the first guitar solo goes over the blastbeat is too long (should stop at 1.28).

The section before the change to the epic riff has one phrase too many.

Otherwise very impressive, the timing sounds right to me too. 8)

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/