It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:12 pm 
Great Councillor

Toozey wrote:
I went to Toys R Us today and they had loads of Playstation 3s in stock.

Let's face it, Sony's made some huge mistakes marketing the PS3, regardless of how good it is/will be.

1) Endless delays, especially for Europe.

2) They may be taking a loss on each console but most manufacturers do with new consoles and where the F did £425 come from?? I would have priced it at £399 (which is what the Sega Saturn launched at hilariously enough), and thrown in a HDMI cable.

3) They removed hardware backwards compatibility from Euro console. Some people think this isn't important but it would have been nice to be able to play ALL PS1/PS2/PS3 games on one console and not make Euro/UK feel like second class gamers.

4) Why did they feel the need to ship 220,000 consoles to the UK?? This is the reason (besides price) why there is a surplus of them in the likes of Toys R Us and why there was no 'buzz' surrounding the launch.
It would have been so much better to ship 75,000, sell-out pre-orders everywhere, so creating a false 'buzz' and demand, then aggressively drop the price in October to £350 and sell shitloads before Christmas.
Microsoft deliberately undershipped 70,000 360's to the UK at launch and it worked perfectly. Everyone suddenly 'needed' a 360.

Sony's market research team must be inept - the amount of anti-Sony sentiment on the net recently has been huge, and not just from 360 owners.

At the end of the day, when the great games finally arrive it will probably succeed, but why they've made it so hard for themselves I do not know :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:34 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Toozey wrote:
I went to Toys R Us today and they had loads of Playstation 3s in stock.

I went to ebay.co.uk today.
They did as well :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:07 am 
Great Councillor

Weasel wrote:

2) They may be taking a loss on each console but most manufacturers do with new consoles and where the F did £425 come from?? I would have priced it at £399 (which is what the Sega Saturn launched at hilariously enough), and thrown in a HDMI cable.

True, they always have to take a loss before they can make a gain. Xbox 1 didnt start making money until last year. And with a shelf life of 10 years the ps3 will EVENTUALLY start turning a profit. but i agree, they are going at it in the worst possible way.

they barely launched any for last christmas in the US when EVERY mom with spoiled children was running around to every store looking for one, they could have sold plenty.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2