[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Neon genesis: Evangelion
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neon genesis: Evangelion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:23 pm 
Great Councillor

Anyone seen the series?

Leon, I reckon this Anime is reet up your street.

The ending is a headfuck, I really recommend it to you and anyone interested in the transcendence of man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:12 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

I'll keep an eye out for that then, sounds great!

I like me some manga (haven't had time recently tho :( )

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:11 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Havent watched it for over a year. I have all 26 episodes (on tapes, because the DVD's of the episodes are fucking awful)

I HATE the End Of Evangelion with a passion. I fully understand it (now I do, anyway. It took me 4 weeks of watching it, and roaming the internet, to find any meaning) and I still hate it!

....When I was 14 I was obsessed with Rei.......

Other awesome anime
- Cowboy Bebop
- Hellsing
- Escaflowne (Might not be up everyones street. I just bought the 2 box sets, and I love them very fucking much) (The ending for THAT pisses me off as well!)

Trigun is finally getting an English release, so check that out, as it looks quite good.

And I'm not as nerdy as everyone must think I am after making this post :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:24 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:30 pm 
Great Councillor

Well, i did. Read the first 4! Really good. It's wierd because in the film, Alira's dead. As I saw that first, I didn't really know about him. Turns out he's a boy emperor!

I like Emperors. \m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:20 pm 
Great Councillor

Back on the subject of the Eva ending feeling rushed...

I think it felt rushed because everything happened at once, as if their funding just got cut and they only had two episodes left. But I think that's what makes Eva special. It spent about 15 episodes dealing with the every day aspect of the pilots without even hinting what's going on behind the scenes (Character pasts, Nerv's purpose, Seele and the Dead Sea Scrolls were only revealed very close to the end, which really messes you up!). It really made me want to keep on watching it.
Flashes of "theological/phycological/philosophical wierdness" similar to the ending appeared (when Shinji is absorbed into his Eva, for example) throughout the last 10 episodes, and I think deep down, this is what was suppossed to be at the core of the series. Many people said it was irritating because the series failed to conclude satisfactorly, but for me, it concludes right there, in the realisation of the characters selfs.

The film, which I have yet to see, will conclude the series as a story; mans fate.

AWESOME.

AND the theme music kicked so much ass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:16 pm 

Oh, I thought you meant the film (thats the REAL ending to evangelion)

I didnt know you hadnt seen them.

The last 2 episodes (or the false ending, as GAYnax call them) are mint.
The End Of Evangelion (how it was supposed to end) was
- Confusing
- Bleak
- Mind shatteringly brain melting
- Stupid
- Pointless
- Thought up at 2 in the morning while the writers were on mushrooms (FACT, you can look that up)
- and awfully depressing. The last two minutes are soul crushing. Just to spite you after thirty minutes of Drunken Bullshitting (I refuse to call the theme of End of Eva, philosophical), they throw in the utterly depressing ending.

The 26th episode, while looking cheap (And you were right, their budget was non existant by the time they got to that episode) (FACT, I shit you not) was good, had good meaning, and a happy ending (when they're all congratulating him, etc)

God, I think I might send Gainax another hate mail.
Have you heard about the inevitable train wreck/movie, that is being made?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:17 pm 

And they throw in some obligeratory bit where Shinji MASTURBATES onto a comatose Asuka.

URGH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:32 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:28 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]