It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Computer Games
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:01 am 
Great Councillor

Ragnar the Destroyer wrote:
Right computer games first,when i was young i got a spectrum 128k and spent al the time trying to play D-Day on it but it kept crashing!Dawn it!Had loads of other games too!Jet set willy,wonderboyikeira warriors!loads of games!

Then i got an amiga 500+ still got it use to play speed ball,sensible soccer,prince of persia,brutal sports football.loads of others too!

Cool! we're kindred spirits Rayner. I've still got my Amiga 500 and shitloads of games. Speedball 1 and 2 are awesome - I used to like kicking the shit out of the opposition on Brutal Deluxe so the stretcher robots came on when the player got injured. I've spent fuggin' months on Sensible World of Soccer. I thought Kickoff 2 was cool too. I'm not even a big football fan but i like the old footy games. Do you remember Turrican? Old games kick ass. I'm a shoot 'em up junkie - the harder, the better. I still got an old Atari VCS (the wooden-type one) with Asteroids and Defender. Fuggin' 'ell you set me off on one now! Can you still get the blank floppies for the Amiga? I'll copy you some games if you can - I've not used X-copy for years.

I've also got MAME for the PC - the arcade machine emulator. I have over 4000 games for that - Paperboy, Outrun, you name it. I must have over 10GB of games for that alone!

P.S. Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner and Ikari Warriors rule - what about Commando and Green Beret? :D
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:33 am 
Great Councillor

Monkey Island, Colonisation, Caesar, INdiana Jonas And The Fate Of Atlantis, Syndicate, Street Fighter, Lemmings, Captain Planet, Bart VS The Space Mutants...

I miss my Amiga 500+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:30 am 
Mixologist

ICE CREAAAM!!! ICE CREAAAM!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:22 pm 
Dreaming In Splendour

i found lemmings sooo fucking hard, and a bit silly really :lol:
i used to have speedball 2 on my very first PC, man i loved that game, i was crap at playing ( :cry: my brother was mean to me about that, aswell as everything else) i was only about 6/7 at the time, but i was always the manager and we slayed anyone who tried it 8)

edit: and im trying to picture Rayner as a kid getting all upset of his D-Day always crashing... awwwww!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:33 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

I know where my Amiga is, getting it is the hard part.

Walker was my fave childhood game :-D (trampling people with an asskicker robot)
And my dad was fucking supreme at Lemmings. he could get to that level where it was just a tiny island where you start, a huge amount of lava, another tiny island with the exit on.
And between were the words "OH SHIT" in the air.
Video game designers back in them days kicked ass :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:10 am 
Great Councillor

Lee_dC wrote:
ICE CREAAAM!!! ICE CREAAAM!!!! :lol:

haha we're all kindred spirits on here. It always used to be the centre forward that got carried off on Brutal Deluxe :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:14 am 
Great Councillor

whats with all this amega nonsense? do yourselves a favour and get a sega master system or megadrive off of e-bay!!!

game gears rule too! man those things are heavy! use like 8 batteries for about 2 mins of power too!

now THAT's a mans console 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:24 am 
Forum Admin

Amigas are way better than Sega's.

Post subject: Re: Computer Games
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:04 am 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Weasel wrote:
Ragnar the Destroyer wrote:
Right computer games first,when i was young i got a spectrum 128k and spent al the time trying to play D-Day on it but it kept crashing!Dawn it!Had loads of other games too!Jet set willy,wonderboyikeira warriors!loads of games!

Then i got an amiga 500+ still got it use to play speed ball,sensible soccer,prince of persia,brutal sports football.loads of others too!

Cool! we're kindred spirits Rayner. I've still got my Amiga 500 and shitloads of games. Speedball 1 and 2 are awesome - I used to like kicking the shit out of the opposition on Brutal Deluxe so the stretcher robots came on when the player got injured. I've spent fuggin' months on Sensible World of Soccer. I thought Kickoff 2 was cool too. I'm not even a big football fan but i like the old footy games. Do you remember Turrican? Old games kick ass. I'm a shoot 'em up junkie - the harder, the better. I still got an old Atari VCS (the wooden-type one) with Asteroids and Defender. Fuggin' 'ell you set me off on one now! Can you still get the blank floppies for the Amiga? I'll copy you some games if you can - I've not used X-copy for years.

I've also got MAME for the PC - the arcade machine emulator. I have over 4000 games for that - Paperboy, Outrun, you name it. I must have over 10GB of games for that alone!

P.S. Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner and Ikari Warriors rule - what about Commando and Green Beret? :D
8)

Had Turrican 2!Didn`t every one have X copy!So many games so little memory!

Post subject: Re: Computer Games
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:18 am 
Mixologist

Ragnar The Destroyer wrote:
Had Turrican 2!Didn`t every one have X copy!So many games so little memory!

turrican 2 is my favourite amiga game, ive finished it several times, and managed to get all the jewels once too 8) X-COPY?!?! pirate scum!!! i bought turrican 2, i still have it in fact, along with loads of other games and peripherals, and about 8 boxes of amiga/spectrum/etc. magazines. would be nice to have the space to actually set it all up, maybe when i move house in a few months...

anyway, get WinUAE and relive those golden days on your PC. :)

exile is a good amiga game btw (not the AGA version tho)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:29 am 
The Wanderer

i was brought up on the BBC micro, exile and repton bring back fond memories.

the amiga version of exile had better graphics but i never got into the game on that platform at all. it was based on the bbc micro version and written by the same authors on the amiga. exile broke the standards for games programming on the bbc and was an incredible feat considering it only used 32k of ram.

i hit the amiga scene quite late and wish i had gotten involved in that a lot earlier. awesome machine.

played monkey isaldn 1 & 2 the other day on the scummvm emulator. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:24 pm 
Great Councillor

Derek B and Rakim wrote:
i was brought up on the BBC micro, exile and repton bring back fond memories.

the amiga version of exile had better graphics but i never got into the game on that platform at all. it was based on the bbc micro version and written by the same authors on the amiga. exile broke the standards for games programming on the bbc and was an incredible feat considering it only used 32k of ram.

i hit the amiga scene quite late and wish i had gotten involved in that a lot earlier. awesome machine.

played monkey isaldn 1 & 2 the other day on the scummvm emulator. :twisted:

I used to have monkey island on my pc! I'm gunna go try find it now! man that game was addictive! annoying as hell when you hit a dead end though :cry:!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:04 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Imagine my surprise the other day to see that my sonic 3 & knuckles file (with all 14 emeralds for sonic, knuckles, and tails) *Hyper Sonic* *Hyper Knuckles* *and the ubershit Super Tails* was still intact
Imagine my extreme rage two days later when it crashed, and lost my fucking saves :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:34 pm 
The Wanderer

bo selecta! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:12 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Yeah Rayner I also noticed you play Heroes... me and the band are fucking addicted to that game! We actually had to ban ourselves from playing it so we could work on songs. :lol:

I remember one very cool game for Amiga called "Shadow of the Beast"
anyone played that?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next