[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - Holy F*ckin sh*te! Michael Jackson's dead?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Holy F*ckin sh*te! Michael Jackson's dead?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:28 am 
Searching The Endless Planes...

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx? ... =148181958

Aw man. I've been generally apathetic towards Michael Jackson, but dead? Good grief.

Hasn't been confirmed yet though.

Edit: Now it's official.

Post subject: Re: Holy F*ckin sh*te! Michael Jackson's dead?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:08 pm 
Great Councillor

Bloody shame in my eyes...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

I miss him :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm 
Great Councillor

Yeah it was a bit of a shock.

Let's face it though, the man didn't really die - in that moment he became immortal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10 am 
Great Councillor

I always thought he was amazing.

I'm getting tired of people who are saying "glad he's finally gone" and such. And the people that always ripped on him but now that he died are suddenly "missing" him.

I agree with weasel, the legend just became immortal. I'm sure Thriller has doubled it's sales in the last week, only making it just that much more incredible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:04 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Kudos to Jackson, some incredible performances, records and innovation, not to mention a really talented musician in his own right.

I bet there aren't many people who didn't grow up listening to his stuff now.

Shame his life was mired in so much controversy, most of which was his own doing when he could have been making more music :(

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:15 pm 

Think i was upstairs painting when the funeral was on telly. I do miss the guy i suppose. I only would have been terribly upset if he had died 10-15 years ago though.

Still, he had some good music going for him, and i was hoping that would have prospered more into the later stages of his career.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:23 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

The media blew this way out of proportion. Sure, he was a great guy and influenced a lot of things in culture, but when you're stil making him the headline story a week after the guy dies, it gets annoying. I guess I'm glad I don't watch too much TV, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:20 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 pm 
Great Councillor

[quote]less than 5 minutes before the net was overflowing with dirty dead jokes about him. And that's how a lot of people are gonna remember him as./quote]

I completely disagree with that.

Jackson if seen by some as a joke/someone to pick a laugh at, by others is seen as a god. He will be remembered for his incredible music & sometimes equally incredible dance moves.

'Blood on the dance floor' had to be my favourite album for a long time when i was little, long live his memory!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:24 am 
Great Councillor

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]