[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - what metal magazines does everyone read?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: what metal magazines does everyone read?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:14 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:38 am 
Forum Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:53 am 
The Wanderer

Location: Wherever i may roam! I reside in London *Da Bronx* for now!
Womens Own or Vogue occasionally, mostly Prima tho - all nicked from the local doctors surgery! o yeh a monthy womens bridal magazine!

Post subject: ugh
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:52 am 
The Wanderer

i find the pictures more interesting than the 'journalism' much of the time :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:19 am 
Great Councillor

hmmm....Kerrang is shit (at least they gave Worlds... a decent score tho)
so just use Kerrang as bogroll. Metal Hammer isn't much better.
I think out of all the metal mags that are widely available Terrorizer is probably still the best. I hope it doesn't get as bad as Kerrang though...is that possible? Terrorizer is the only mag I buy on a fairly regular basis.

P.S. I think I'll change from Kerrang to Andrex coz Kerrang hurts my backside.
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:21 pm 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:06 pm 
Only good ole Terrorizer. At least it has some integrity. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:47 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Occasionally Terrorizer whenever the budget allows me to purchase the latest copy... :? Apart from that, I sometimes flick through the always jam-packed German magazine Rock Hard, and then I make sure to keep myself updated on the only truly periodical Danish metal magazine NRG. However, I try not to spend my own money on that particular magazine as the knowledge and writing skills of the contributors leave much to be desired, unfortunately.

As far as webzines go, I check out the following on a regular basis:

(mostly for the band bio's)
(Danish webzine)
(hosted by a friend of mine; he recently ordered the Mithras re-issues and I won't be surprised if he's going to bother Leon for an interview before long... :wink: )

And of course:

:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:51 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Terrorizer. every month usually. it's how i discovered mithras ;]

they do make some seriously SHITE reviews and interviews occasionally... the 1st and last time I have ever written to a magazine was when Terrorizer made a complete botch job of a Meshuggah interview. they spelled every single band member's name wrongly, didn't mention any of their albums before "Nothing" and the interview was practically useless - no info on their BG, influences, direction or anything. the interviewer was clearly pissed when he wrote it. i wrote in and complained but the editor just told me where to get off... wankers.

anyway apart from that the mag is pretty good. lots of unsigned and underground bands in there which is always great news.

the ed SERIOUSLY needs to do a spellcheck tho... how many times have you seen this:

this album is [&italics]great[/italics] i recommend it

gets annoying after about 10 issues of that lol.

metal hammer is total kack. may as well be called nu-metal hammer. although I once won the entire Fear Factory disco in their mag..... props for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:54 am 
Great Councillor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:00 am 
Searching The Endless Planes...

All the magazines I read are paper.

Bdum Tshhh!

Thanks, I'm here all week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:09 pm 
The Wanderer

i don't read any music magazines...i think they are all shit!

Its all Propaganda! they all write about the same stuff! none of them are exceptionally great writers or interviewers! Waste of money! Just read em in WHSmith and when your done put them back!

How much is an issue of terrorizer? anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:26 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

£3.20

not bad considering u usually get a CD with it. i think the mag is excellent for the price. had it been £4 or more no way. but £3.20 is just about right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:48 pm 
The Wanderer

Economy Lesson 2#

MotherFuckerMachine £3.20 Multiply by 12 is approx £36 each year! that is expensive! Why don't you just read it in the shop, when you've finished put it back down again, then you get the best of both worlds...no? why don't you buy something educational like a book prehap? say if you buy one book at £8.00 and it takes you four months to read thats approx £26 in a year there you save £10, still get to read your monthly edition of terrorizer and expand your knowledge...even better you could buy your book at a fraction of the price in second hand stores for 20p or even £1's, you would be a better all round person! also a person with lots of moey to spend on other things more important things...i bet you smoke as well

Last edited by DaveMustaine on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:51 pm 
Forum Admin

Dave people think that price is worth it for the magazine. Let them buy it for chistsake.

I enjoy me some Terrorizer reading, I still read back issues all the time. So really I get alot more out of it than your economy lesson suggests.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next