It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Funeral mist
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:42 am 
Great Councillor

Just to save this clogging up the current listening thread.

I'd advise salvation by funeral mist that's some of mortuus' most intense vocals, maranatha is incredible too shame about the crappy reviews on metal-archives but fuck 'em...
He's by far the best vocalist in black metal. Just watch the blood, puke, salvation dvd by marduk, he had food poisoning during that set but the second 'azriel' kicks in his voice is scorching. Got such a powerful rasp to it.

I love what he's done in marduk he turned them around big time, they were going down a sahitty path beforehand.

Post subject: Re: Funeral mist
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:37 am 
Great Councillor

Marduk was heading far down a shitty path, Mortuus is definitely what they needed. Most Marduk was just sounding repetitive and completely uninteresting. I'm really hoping to see them play in the US on the tour with Mayhem, should be a great show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 pm 
Great Councillor

With mayhem?? Talk about anti-climax :P

I thinf 'those of the unlight' & the re-release of 'fuck me jesus' (one of my first metal albums) are both incredible, they fell short someware between tho not that i dont like the work inbetween but it could have been better.

Theyr working on the new album now (marduk) very much looking forward to what they will bring, also to hear Larz drumming (not to be confused with balding metallicarp drummer :twisted: ).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:44 am 
Great Councillor

I'm really going to see Marduk mostly, and I'm counting Mayhem as just a bonus, but indeed Mayhem following Marduk will be pretty anti-climactic. Especially if they play new crap. But, ah well, Absu is only a few days after that show anyway 8)

I agree, Fuck Me Jesus was great, I didn't care much for Those of the Unlight. I personally like Heaven Shall Burn....When We Are Gathered. I suppose it all has to do with which album you hear for the first time, because after the first time Marduk gets pretty redundant. Panzer is okay and Plague Angel is alright though. Looking forward to the new one, hopefully it's even better than Rom 5:12

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]