It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: leon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 pm 
The Wanderer

i am a guitarist in search of the ethereal sounds , mainy for volume sweels and lead work. you have the exact sounds on some of ur stuff i covet. i read through some posts and got an idea of what u were using to achieve these sounds.

i am looking to take these sounds and develop my own sound with them. im hoping to achieve this with a eventide eclipse or ...after MUCH saving of money...the eventide h8000.

my question is ahve u played around with either of these 2 rack units? if so what were ur thoughts? u mentioned u took alot of time tweaking ur pedals and rack stuff to get ur lead sounds but from the demos ive heard over at eventides site it seems some of these sounds come as a preset right off the bad with no tweaking.
the blackhole reverb i heard from the h8000 really has me convinced but id prefer it if i could just get the eclipse since its like 4 thousand dollars cheaper.

another question have u tried any caparisons? if so what did u think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:02 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hi there.

Interesting question. While I don't use either of the units you mentioned, I've had a go with the eclipse, and personally I'd suggest spending all that money on the H8000 would be a waste, although I've never used it. Bear in mind these units are generally for high end studio use, and only extremely successful or extremely obsessive guitarists use them as part of their actual racks.

Quote:
u mentioned u took alot of time tweaking ur pedals and rack stuff to get ur lead sounds but from the demos ive heard over at eventides site it seems some of these sounds come as a preset right off the bad with no tweaking.

I'm certain that while you can get some incredible "spacey" and similar sounds from the eventides, the sound definitely won't be the same as the one's I've spent ages creating using my gear; the reverbs won't be the same size, shape, colour, the rooms won't be made of the same material etc etc. Also it's impossible to judge whether or not it's the same as you can't accurately compare an isolated guitar take to the sound of a track with drums and bass/vocals etc.

I don't actually use any eventide gear in my guitar rig (although I nearly bought an updated h3000 once). The reason being that the units allegedly have a delay when changing patches (when using the really high end reverbs and effects), and that wouldn't be acceptable for me, however I didn't fancy buying one to find out whether it was true or not, when I was happy with the sound's I've already got.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]