It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dawn of an Iconoclast
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:55 am 
Great Councillor

Hail Mithras!

I was listening to "Dawn of an Iconoclast" by Dead Can Dance last night. I felt that there were similarities between the ending of this song and the intro track on "Worlds...". Do you guys hear the similarities? Were you influenced by DCD when writing the intro?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:54 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

leeless wrote:
Hail Mithras!

I was listening to "Dawn of an Iconoclast" by Dead Can Dance last night. I felt that there were similarities between the ending of this song and the intro track on "Worlds...". Do you guys hear the similarities? Were you influenced by DCD when writing the intro?

Hi Leeless,

i didn't hear the track 'Dawn of an Iconoclast' until we'd already released 'Worlds ...' (though i had a few other DCD albums before completing 'Worlds...'). I was pretty surprised when i heard that track in 2004 (when completing my DCD collection), cos as you mention, there are some similarities, mainly in regard to the dissonant section at the end of said song. I wouldn't say DCD particularly influenced me when writing 'Worlds...' as i simply hadn't listened to them enough at that point. Also most of their material is pretty unlike Mithras (barring the song you mentioned).

My relevant musical influences for a lot of the strange sections on 'Worlds...' were a lot of sci-fi stuff, and old cartoons. Maybe there's a common ancestor in there with DCD, or maybe someone who was quoting that track! Who knows :S

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]