It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: equipment questions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:13 pm 
The Wanderer

first off i would like to say how much i enjoy the album, the band has progressed a great deal since forever advancing...legions. I have 2 questions for leon, I am thinking about investing in an Ibanez universe 7 string guitar and i wanted to know which model you like the best performance wise and tone, specifically the year and name of the model and such. Second I wanted to know what kind of amps you used for the album and if you use the same thing live, also what kind of amp would be a good compliment to the universe guitar tone. thanks....and keep writing killer stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:50 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hi there!

Cheers for kind words.

To answer your question, i've played quite a lot of ibanez universe guitars, and my advice is get a 1990 model if you can, as they seem to be superior in feel to many of the others. The model i'd personally avoid is the newest universe with the mirrored scratch plate, the UV777BK, i'm yet to play a nice one, but that's not to say they don't exist.

I've got a UV7BK (black with green dots and pickups) which i used to record 'Worlds...' with and a uv7mc (multi coloured one) which i'm using on the next album. The difference in tone is simple, the UV7BK sounds really dark and the UVMC sounds more middly and a bit brighter basically. Both play very similarly, but not so similar they feel identical.

We are using the same pre amps we use live on the next album, but i won't say what make it is, sorry. We use solid state power amps which don't affect the tone at all too.

What amp would suit the universe? Rack wise, lots of people like POD XTs and if you want a head, a 5150 would sound good imo.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]