It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mithras audio with video game video/audio?
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:24 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

Okay, so this will most likely be a "no" for an answer, but I was wondering if, when ALSO using audio from a video game you're playing, it would be acceptable to use Mithras as a background music and upload it to Youtube.

Now, I know you guys don't typically like people just blatantly posting the tracks you've worked so hard on onto youtube, but this is... a bit different. With the game audio I have in mind laced with Mithras tracks, it's not really possible for anyone to be a dick and download the video and still have any audio left that's worth anything to listen to (though some people could be that desperate, I dunno [and this is where I could also see you guys drawing the line]). The audio is pretty loud and has a lot of spikes in volume level, which would disrupt any song at several points. I would also obviously credit the band with links and whatnot to the forums, myspace, mithras shop site, etc.

Thought I'd ask at least instead of not knowing for certain, even though I think it's more likely that the idea will get turned down. Even if it does, it's YOUR guys' music, not mine, so you get to decide.

Edit: Also, don't get the wrong idea here. I'm running out of songs from other bands to use, and it'd be awesome to have an opportunity to use my favorite band's music as background as opposed to a lot of bands that are low on my list. "If there's a possibility of using awesome Mithras stuff, then I'd like to take it ;)" is basically my main motive here.

Post subject: Re: Mithras audio with video game video/audio?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:42 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

In a very short answer, to actually give you "permission" I'd also need to ask permission from the label who owns some of the rights for this which I'm not able to do.

I'll pm you anyway!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]