[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - ALBUM 4 UPDATE
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: ALBUM 4 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:45 am 
The Wanderer

Wow, this song is awesome ! :shock:

Am I alone to think Sam influences some of the guitar parts ? It's like if Mithras had been inspired by the good ideas and riffing of The Senseless... I'm also very pleased with the voice, it fits perectly to the song, just like Rayner did.There's absolutely no fear to be disappointed as far as I'm concerned.

By the way what do you mean by "demo version" ? Is it only about the rough mix or could the song evolve again ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 pm 
The Wanderer

well, going from the posts on the facebook page, this is all Leon.

he has a good voice and i think it should be used more often, but thats just my stinkin' opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:36 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Hi guys.

Yes, it is me singing and playing all the instruments, and I'll make a proper announcement about that in full later on... It's great people seem to like the track though :D

This track is a demo or "demonstration" of the song, meaning it'll almost all be re-recorded for the actual record proper. Lee and me dialed in a really good mix for the demo tracks so the songs can be fine tuned and listened to, so it sounds nearly as good as a full album (unless you listen on myspace where it sounds like ass due to their compression).

Moving on to The Senseless:

There's no influence from The Senseless on the guitars in this track as I wrote almost all of the riffs in this particular song before Shadows was completed, a year before Sam and me started jamming and I really started listening to the debut The Senseless record. Anyway, I'm almost incapable of taking on any new influences, which is why Mithras is "so boring" haha. If I just took influence from whatever I was listening to the most, I think 99% of you would be sickened and horrified at the direction Mithras went in :lol:

To my mind the debut album 'In The Realm Of The Senseless' has a little bit of a Mithras influence, and obviously we share some common influences, and Sam has others all of his own. Sam and me both use parts of similar scales to generate main melodic movements and this affinity is part of the reason Sam got the spot in Mithras.

However on the new The Senseless album 'The Floating World', the only thing Mithras-y is a bit of the drumming, the record is quite different from the debut as you'll hopefully soon discover 8)

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:51 pm 
Mixologist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:56 pm 

hahaha :lol:

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:25 pm 
The Wanderer

any updates/progress? hows the sarpanitum stuff going?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:48 pm 

i've got a lot of material demoed up now and have bought in a load of new gear and rejigged my studio, but the album is unlikely to be ready till 2012.. The sarpanitum ep "fidelium" (which i produced and mixed) is finished, the two toms are sorting out the release now. The new the senseless record "the floating world" (which i drummed on and mixed)has been finished for a while, sam is looking at release options atm i believe. :)

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:39 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Release it Dec 22nd 2012 so I have two things to be happy about

A) New Mithras
B) Laughing at morons who think the Mayans (who had no healthcare, no schools, believed in human sacrifices and worshipped the fucking SUN) sussed out when the world is going to end.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 am 

there'll be some major news regarding the next record soon...

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:52 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:00 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

Hey Guys... Been quiet around the forum lately. Just wondering if you guys have any updates or news on the new record recently? Are you guys still in the writing process? is the music finished etc... :wink:

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 am 

Unfortunately this forum is deader than the dodo these days, but so are most band forums now everyone is on facebook so that's where most of the updates have gone so far.

To answer your questions, yeah we're still in the writing process, and no the music isn't at all finished at this point, in fact nothing is finished! But we're making progess at the time which is the main thing 8)

Below are all the song titles announced thus far:

Howling Of The Distant Spaces
When The Stars Align
Why Do We Live
Time Never Lasts
Inside The Godmind

Here's the latest update just posted on the Mithras Facebook page:

Hey everyone, here's an update on our progress with the writing sessions for the new Mithras album.

We've got a fair number of tracks completed but every time we finish one we have a new idea for another one, so this record will probably be quite epic compared to 'Behind The Shadows...' The album is generally themed around time and the cosmos, and man's place therein....

As regards how we're working on this new record - the answer is a bit differently this time. On previous records I would write all the rhythms and leads and arrange the song more or less before even playing it to anyone, then Rayner and I would meet at the rehearsal studio, add bass lines, tweak drum arrangements and practice the tracks to the point of near insanity.

To try something new, this time I'm coming up with loose ideas thematically/musically speaking, and then we're sitting down in my studio recording and putting each track together piece by piece, adding drums and bass and trying all sorts of arrangements for the tracks before working on the lyrics and vocal arrangements. As always I've been coming up with most of the actual "music" but Rayner's been arranging it with me, making loads of suggestions and adding some music too. With both of us inputting, the writing process is going really well and we're enjoying it a lot.

As to when we're going to be doing live shows again; for a while we were seriously considering doing some live shows and re-assembling our live line-up but recently had to decide against it as we don't want to slow up the writing process and want to concentrate on the new album, at least for the meantime.

As to how it sounds, unsurprisingly it's very "Mithras-esque" but with a different overall atmosphere to the other records. Elements of it hark back to each of our previous albums (and even further back) but it also pushes the ideas we've been developing over the last few records further forward. It's generally less mechanical and pounding than 'Shadows...' in places crazier than 'Worlds' and in others as savage as 'Forever Advancing...... Legions'. That's not really a very helpful description but it's the best I can come up with for the meantime!

cheers

Leon Macey

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

Ah, yes, refreshing and encouraging news. Thank you for keeping us updated, Leon! I think your comparative description of what is to come fills us with more information than we might "deserve" to know. heh.

For the record, I can say for sure that "Shadows" has tons of amazing bits in it, especially within its melodic divergences. I feel that it doesn't receive enough positive attention. To me, Shadows was more atmospheric and "divine" while the "mechanical" and "ruthless" Mithras album would be Forever Advancing Legions. But I digress.

This is just me personally being a fan of more technical, melodic metal than "brutal" stuff nowadays. And such is part of the reason I've been straying from Mithras more than I could have imagined years back. However, I still await in great anticipation for the next album with high hopes, now more so than ever.

Coming from my out-of-the-loop perspective, I feel that the choice to set aside live performances was the best decision.

Also, sick song titles, dude. Keep up the good work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2