[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - RETURN OF SEAN 'BRUTAL' BROSTER
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: RETURN OF SEAN 'BRUTAL' BROSTER
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

Mithras are pleased to announce they'll be rejoined by live drummer Sean 'Brutal' Broster (ex-Sarpanitum - UK brutal death metal) at their next live show - the 13th SWR metal festival in Barosellas, Portugal, 1st May. This marks a return for Sean who was live drummer for Mithras between the years 2004 to 2006. SWR will also be the first live show for new guitarist Tom Hyde (also ex-Sarpanitum) and the band are looking forward to bringing some brutal atmospherics to the Portugese metal hordes!

Check out http://www.swr-inc.net/swr/ for more details.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: RETURN OF SEAN 'BRUTAL' BROSTER
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:38 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

ok....the reason for this?

No one is spared from the funeral inception
God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm 

Not that we really "owe" anyone an explanation:

There was a period of time a few weeks ago when Mithras temporarily found itself without a live drummer (a situation which has happened quite a few times before so isn't anything new....), but this time the difference was we had flights to Portugal booked for SWR festival, for band and crew. Not playing the festival this year would have been a big loss financially but would also mean we'd probably never be invited back and would make us look crap frankly. Not to mention the upcoming shows in the pipeline for this year.

In this time of uncertainty Tom and me tried really fast to find a replacement drummer to save the SWR gig, and Tom suggested getting in touch with Sean, which I thought was a crazy idea (as to my knowledge he was indisposed with his new career, jumping out of helicopters and other brutal goings on....). However with mixed blessings it turned out Sean was actually available and interested in drumming for us again.

After a period of waiting had passed, we decided the best thing to do for the band both in the here and now and in the future was to offer Sean the position of live drummer, which he very recently accepted. This is probably the best outcome for all parties considering everything.

Sean is drumming better than ever, to say me and Tom are shocked at how phenomenally good he is atm is an understatement :shock: so this is a positive step towards being able to perform the songs live even closer to how they are on the records, which has always been my intention at shows.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:19 pm 
Great Councillor

'Clicks the like button'

Well done mate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Sweet. this is all very good news! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 am 
Lord Of The Condemned

God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:21 am 
The Wanderer

sorath reading your comments then this last post, reads as a blatant diss towards rayner, actualy funnier than you think considering the words in your signature:

(My body rests, yet I wander without comprehension of the vast eternity of this everlasting revolution. As the known and unknown combine, I drift without destination and see the vast colours of the galaxies, knowing only that the few appreciate the sanctity of these distant planes!)

were writen by rayner :lol:

anyway why would anyone be bent out of shape that ben white leaves again!!? reading the news page of the site and the old website he left mithras many times before right? and who really cares as he doesnt write the music or drum on the mithras cds right!!? it reads to me that the dudes have their old drummer back and are going to do more shows rather than stopping shows because a certain someone leaves the band... again!!

but it all makes sense following your link now seeing that ben is in your band, haha.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 am 

The specific details of why Ben isn't in Mithras anymore is between me and him and will remain so unless Ben decides otherwise. Imo we both reached the end of the road re: him being in Mithras with me and have very different ideas and expectations about many things; this is not the end of the world and we did do some good shows and had some cool times along the way but life's too short for anyone to keep making the same mistakes. That's about all I can constructively say about this subject so I'd appreciate it if we can leave it at that and look to the future.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:57 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Welcome back Mr Broster.
Not seen Sean since Sarp played Burnley.
Which was... what, six hundred and eighty four years ago?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:48 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:00 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

So no April Fools joke? :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:02 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

God forbid
God forbidden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

God forbid
God forbidden

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next