[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - NEW VOCALIST / BASSIST - SAM BEAN JOINS MITHRAS
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NEW VOCALIST / BASSIST - SAM BEAN JOINS MITHRAS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:32 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

I'm happy to announce that Mithras has a new vocalist/bassist. More details and a statement to follow asap!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: New vocalist
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm 
Great Councillor

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 am 
Great Councillor

That's great news. Can't wait to hear the new vocalist :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:09 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

Holy Feck that didn't take long. :shock:

Looking forward to hearing this new guy. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:51 pm 

MITHRAS ANNOUNCE NEW FRONTMAN

Mithras would like to welcome Sam Bean (The Senseless / ex-The Berzerker) into the fold as their new vocalist / bassist. Sam was the only person asked to audition for the spot and dominated the tracks chosen for the audition with his brutal vocal delivery and deft basswork.

Founder/guitarist Leon Macey commented:

"Since joining Sam in his band The Senseless back in 2007 (as drummer) we've been working together closely on the new The Senseless record 'The Floating World', so I know we gel extremely well musically and have a similar attitude and vision. This combined with the huge amount of band/live/industry experience he has from all the work he's done with The Berzerker makes him the perfect guy to take the role and help lift Mithras to the next level. We're going to get gig ready asap then simultaneously start slaying audiences while working some more on the new Mithras record."

Sam commented "I'm a long-time Mithras fan, so this is pretty sweet. I've always seen Mithras as being one of the top UK death metal bands and have listened to them often, wondering how amazing the material would sound live. Looks like I get to find out now! Rayner's shoes are big ones to fill - figuratively, literally, - and I hope to do justice to his great work. It's also good to be working with Leon and Ben, two powerhouse dudes who share the same taste in brutal, freaky, evil music. I want to get out onto stage, throw down, and bring in a new era for the band and death metal in general. This year, we're going to rock you." Sam continued "The audition was great, third song in I blew up the bass cab. I take this as an auspicious sign."

Drummer Ben said "so after a relaxed but blasting audition with Sam it seems that he is bursting with enthusiasm to fuel the fire! I reckon working with Sam will be great and that Mithras can now progress even further into the torrent of atmospheric blasting! So Mithras troops, prepare yourselves! Cap'n Mithras and co are brewing up a shit storm of big gigs and a new record that will blow your socks off!"

Sam rounds out the Mithras lineup, which is currently Leon Macey (guitars), Ben White (drums) and Sam Bean (vocals/bass). Mithras' third album 'Behind The Shadows Lie Madness' was released worldwide by Candlelight Records in April 2007.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: New vocalist/bassist
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:17 am 
Great Councillor

hmm, Interesting pick. I definitely love Sam's work with The Senseless, but the vocals in that don't seem very fitting with Mithras.

I'm curious to know if Sam is going to try to fill Rayner's big shoes or if he is going to bring something new, some originality, some Sam Bean.

I'd like to hear some form of recording here soon for some sort of direction or a path to follow, and see where this is headed. At the moment I can't possibly imagine an outcome for this line-up, three great musicians, three very different styles, between Mithras, Orbeth, and The Senseless

This will be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:21 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:42 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Thats great. Exactly who I thought of as a perfect replacement. Good luck mate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:19 pm 
Forum Admin

Yeah, Sam was the first person I thought of too. It's going to be really interesting to see where Mithras can now go. Into the Unknown!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:20 pm 
Searching The Endless Planes...

Well this is interesting. Like others the only thing I wonder about is how his vocals will fit into Mithras' music - but I am sure you guys will have a way of making it all work.

Just one other thing though - your message implies Ben is a full member of the band now, as opposed to just being a live musician.
We have him on MS as being a live musician.. so shall I change it to him being a full member?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:15 pm 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

Welcome, Sam!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:42 pm 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Last edited by Leon on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:19 am 

I reckon there should be some chapman stick action on album 4. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 am 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Yeah I agree with Leon here, personally I can't think of anyone else who could fit the bill. On the senseless album Sam has alot of effects on his vocals but you can still make out his normal voice on parts and you can hear that he has got what it takes vocally plus he's willing to try new stuff and sing different styles which is awsome in my book. He's also a great choice as he rounds the trio off perfectly bringing to the table not only his all round talent but alot of gig and tour experience which the band has always lacked. I'd be very excited my friends, I certainly am, a very sick album is on its way and some killer gigs too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:25 pm 

Hmm...
I like Sam, and I like Rayner.
But who is better?
Only one way to find out.
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

[/HarryHill]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next