[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - WITHOUT THE PAST THERE IS NO FUTURE...
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: WITHOUT THE PAST THERE IS NO FUTURE...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 pm 
Mithras Vocalist / Bassist

Totally agree weasel!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 pm 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 am 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

While this is a valid point of conjecture, just to draw a line under this immediately; 'Shadows...' is the way it is because that is how is was designed to be. So anyone who thinks the reason 'Shadows...' isn't 'Worlds...' PT2 and full of ambient interludes and crazy off the wall stuff because I was under a lot of pressure at the time is mistaken.

We didn't want to do another album that was the same and that was that. Conversely I've had a few complaints that the two albums are "too similar". :roll:

Like I said in the post above, the creative process wasn't really impacted by the "issues" at the time, however it'd be interesting to know what I could come up with if I actually spent some time playing guitar, hopefully we'll find out on the next record!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 am 
Great Councillor

Who knows, maybe while you were wasting time practicing drum sections you were in a great guitar section writing mood and you didn't even know it, we could have missed out on a golden song opportunity.

The more time you have to write and create the higher probability of higher quality material will be produced.

It's all great though :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:39 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:30 am 
Great Councillor

Is that new tshirt update you made still in effect? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:45 am 

Which update was that? If you mean the one about new t-shirts coming soon, then I've not had time to sort anything out. See the thread about the next release for more info though, I've updated it.

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:09 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:11 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:31 pm 
Great Councillor

Time for us all to start practicing our instruments!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:43 pm 
Great Councillor

Quit digging Weasel. It's the Internet, not Question Time ;)

I was thinking out loud. Take it as given that at least 99% of what I write is bull :) The remaining 1 % is free for all to misinterpret through this voiceless medium.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2