[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mithras • View topic - SANDS OF TIME INFO - SAMPLE NOW ON MYSPACE
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEXT RELEASE INFO - SANDS OF TIME
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:22 pm 
Mithras Guitarist / Drummer

The drums to The Floating World are finally done, so now on with Sands Of Time! Lee du Caine is paying me a visit very soon to have a check on the mix of a few of the tracks, then the audio cd will be good to go!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:29 am 
You are as nothing, for now I am the all

I will require five signed copies.
This is totally legit, and none of these will be sold for extortionate amounts.
Scouts honour.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:11 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:43 pm 
Great Councillor

Actually, when is 'The Floating World' due to be released?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:17 am 

I'm not really sure. We made this record in a totally odd but enjoyable way, no pressure at all, just record when we felt like it. Although I only drummed for about 12 hours in total, it took me months to get the drums down 8)

Sam told me today he's finished all the guitars and bass which just leaves vocals and solos to go on (plus guest solos), so the record should be complete and mixed before the end of the year.

We'll probably tout the record round a bunch of labels when it's complete and thus at it's most earth shatteringly awesome to all stage, so we'll have to see what happens. Hopefully a sample will go on myspace soon though!

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

Post subject: Re: SANDS OF TIME INFO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm 

Ok finally a proper update with quantifiable announcements!

The 'Sands Of Time' audio cd is nearly finished and should be released before xmas, just working on the final mixes of two tracks now and sorting the cd layout.

It'll be released as a full on cd and will probably be available through the Mithras site only, I'll post the cover as soon as it's ready and a release date.

There will MAYBE be a vinyl single if there's enough interest, featuring the first two tracks from the cd. These will be hand numbered and extremely limited edition. Post if this is something you'd be interested in...

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 am 
Great Councillor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:58 am 

I have to say how cool the two songs which kick the cd off are sounding. The scratch mix we put up a few years ago of Ancient Prophecy (which some of you may remember) suffered from terrible sounding drums and the kicks which simply hadn't triggered properly from tape(I since chucked that drum brain in the bin). It was a really rough mix just knocked together so Golden Lake had something to put on a compilation cd.

The tracks have now been polished and given a decent mix and should prove interesting for anyone wondering what we "used" to be like pre ...Legions, but with good sounding playing and production! 8)

Tracklisting for the 'Sands Of Time' CD:

1 Ancient Prophecy (re-recorded 2003 pre 'Worlds...')
2 Gods Among Men (re-recorded 2003 pre 'Worlds...')
3 The Caller And The Listener (from 'Bequeath Thy Visions' demo)
4 Bequeath Thy Visions (from 'Bequeath Thy Visions' demo)
5 Transcedence (from 'Bequeath Thy Visions' demo)
6 Vae Solis (from 'Dreaming In Splendour MCD')
7 Dreaming In Splendour (from 'Dreaming In Splendour MCD')
8 Wrath Of God (from 'Dreaming In Splendour MCD')
9 Tomb Of Kings (from 'Tomb Of Kings' demo)
10 As The Wind Blows (from 'Tomb Of Kings' demo)
11 Conquered Realms (from 'Gods Among Men' MCD)
12 Gods Among Men (from 'Gods Among Men' MCD)
13 Ancient Prophecy (from 'Gods Among Men' MCD)
14 Plagued Lands (from 'Gods Among Men' MCD)

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:01 am 
Searching The Endless Planes...

I'm not interested in the vinyl, but of course I am the CD.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:02 am 
Searching The Endless Planes...

Maybe I could be sent a copy to review?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:06 am 
Great Councillor

I can't wait for this one leon! I remember the scratch mix of ancient prophecy from a few years back and still have it on my PC, it's a great track but I can't wait to hear the improvements on it!

Is it going to be a CD/DVD or are you working on that DVD separately from this?

Vinyl? OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I have a total approximate cost + shipping all the way out to Western US so I can start budgeting some cash? Approximation of course.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 am 

for who
could know
the mysteries
of life itself

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:39 pm 
Great Councillor

Good news all around there :D

I shall definitely be getting me the hoodies & shirts.. And of course the CD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:46 pm 
Great Councillor

I've been dying for a new Hoodie since I missed the last one and I am in need of a Legions shirt! I also am lacking a Worlds tshirt, sine I bought it for my EX-girlfriend instead of myself :(

So basically budget as much as fucking possible :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 pm 
Lord Of The Condemned

I'll buy all of it - CD, shirts, vinyl, hoodie, mugs, keyrings, earmuffs...

Also, I would love to do a review of Sands Of Time for Metalized Magazine. Let me know when you need me to.

Will it be possible to request a specific number as far as the hand-numbered releases are concerned? :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next